RANDONNEUR HIGHLAND OVERNIGHTER RIDE 19-20 AUGUST 2017

OK, it looks like there is only Brian and myself going on this run as I have heard nothing from anyone else.
If anybody is coming can they let me know by tomorrow afternoon as I will be leaving for Brians thenand I can PM you my number and work out where to meet you if not at Achnasheen.
If we know that nobody is coming it will save the late start for us as we won't need to wait for the train at Achnasheen as it doesn't arrive until 10.15am. We can just head straight out.

Jamie

Re:

Hi Jamie I'd love to but this weekend is outta bounds. Will be on train to Stirling instead. Joy.

Have a good un though. Another bothy trip would be good if we can identify suitable route/location.....

Even redoing the Torrindon/Kinlochewe ride we did a few years ago would be a good one.
Enjoy Stirling and hopefully catch up at Loch Tay.

Jamie

Yes, sorry. Logistics mean that it is not possible for me to do this either. Too far away! Would have loved to though.

Re:

Torridon, Kinlochewe would indeed be a good one to repeat but I'd need to bring a bouncy bike as I swore after last time never to ride that route again on a rigid bike :LOL:

I see there's the remnants of Hurricane Gert moving across the Atlantic towards us, to hit tomorrow.

Looks like biblical rain, I'm packing my water wings....

Just been talking to Jamie. Looks like the weather has made a decision for us.

That ride is off - too wet on West Coast.

We'll be doing a day ride on this side instead and possibly another on Sunday - maybe even close to Inverness.

So if anyone wants to come on that, pop your name up and we'll give details.

(It's still a bit ad hoc)

The weather does look as though the rain is moving in but it doesn't look too bad for tomorrow afternoon so may just do a day run out from Achnasheen. The run is on another Randonneur site as well, though so far nobody has confirmed they are coming, and no one confirmed for the early morning train but I will most likely still be there to check if anyone shows at 10am. So if anyone fancies a day run let us know or show up at 10.
Looked like a bit of a non starter anyway, but maybe someone will still show.
So a non overnighter randonneur ride.

Jamie

Back