And today I did......

Solo camping with panniers from my place in winchcombe to New Quay Wales. Over the Beacons on day 4.

Re:

Got my proper bodgetastic "toon bike" built for this Rough Stuff Audax on Sunday. Like Epicyclo and his steering problems that take him into idyllic countryside, my bike mechanic workshop always produces a Frankencycle that I love but sends chills of horror through the retrobike purist :facepalm: I'm hoping it fills the bike thieves of Edinburgh with horror too so they dont touch it as it will be my planned twice weekly college commuter for the next year :cool:

Anyhoo looking forward to piloting the "toon bike" around the paths and tracks of east and mid lothian. Poor Brian, he will have to fight the steering issues as the course is mandatory :LOL:

Velo, I think you should christen the bike Rob. Get creative with some decals.

cleaned and serviced after yesterdays ride. :D

Attachments

• clean .JPG
    clean .JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 320
  • Dirty%20T.JPG
    Dirty%20T.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 320
Re:

Did east Lothian off road Audax and overall it was pretty good with many a track I did not know existed which I will reexplore at my leisure. Unfortunately the rain was biblical and I got both trench foot and trench hand :shock: Result was it was tough going in places and getting lost a wee bit did occur but well done to Jamie for his pretty good navigation skills. At end Brian provided a real comedy moment as it turned out he had forgotten a change of clothing so he sat in a deep puddle and washed the mud off his clothes whilst still wearing them :LOL: He assured me they were modern techy fabrics that dry quickly but he hoped Jamies car has a decent heater :LOL: Poor Rob had a mare of a ride from about half way as his energy was not at its best levels. But in great MacRetro tradition we do not leave a man behind and so I stayed back with him to get him across the line. We all got our cards signed as having completed the circuit. I'll give it a go next year if I'm spared, as its bound to be better in the dry !

Re:

Well done guys. Rain here for a time but wasn't as heavy as you had it.
At least I'm off tomorrow, hoping to head up to Ballater. Got a descent that's been on my radar since last summer.

Back