Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Bit quiet lately on the bike front but had a nice wee job on Knoydart today requiring bike access. Sunny and a breeze to keep the dreaded midge off. Bloomin' clegs have started but they couldn't spoil a grand day and even getting paid for it. Bonus : )

Attachments

• P6281833 (2).jpg
    P6281833 (2).jpg
    158 KB · Views: 454
  • P6281758 (2).jpg
    P6281758 (2).jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 454
Re:

Nice pics Jon, you picked a good day for that job! I finally got out for a couple of hours on the road bike this afternoon, pretty breezy but lovely and bright and fragrant. A bit too breezy maybe, it seems I got sunburned without feeling it!

Unfortunately external factors abruptly and severely halted all bike activities last year however the situation has now improved and hopefully picking these 2 up will get things back on course (sorry for the poor photos):

Re:

Yes it is - well spotted!

The original battleship grey was horrible so we went with this metallic bottle green for want of a better description. I have a full set of replacement decals for it. I just need to work out how to re-attach the head tube badge.

I just need to source some suitable decals for the Chameleon as they no longer seem to be available from Santa Cruz.

Bullpup, try GilM on here or at the retrodecals on facebook for the Chameleon decals. I have some auto adhesive here, I will look out and it will do your headbadge, and nothing will ever move it ;) . I can't remember the name but it's professional stuff that was recommended to me when I restored my van. Similar to tiger seal etc but have used it on several industrial jobs and it works 100% . I have a bit left from memory so your welcome to it.

Jamie

Re:

Well it was last night early this morning :shock:
I may have compromised my standing in the neighbourhood, last night in the kitchen I pulled out a very tasty/special carbon MTB frame which had started to lose its lacquer so I got out some 600 wet'n'dry and some soap water and proceeded to rub it down. What about the compromise I hear you ask, well the kitchen has the best light, and a good water supply BUT no curtains and perhaps I should have had some clothes on when I did it BUT I though that would be OK as I live up stairs.

Whatcha think :?

Back