Fife and Tayside rides thread

Re:

Ye mean the dyke we cross at end of trig point run into woods? The only problem with that is they seem to be felling all the trees along that way and we'll still need tae cross over all their crap to get down the way. I think when we know for sure that they've finished felling in woods at Vane Farm end we can clear a trail close to where the original one went. Thinking about what trees they've felled there, they maybe are finished with that area, why else would they now be working their way along top of woods parallel-ish to stone dyke? Don't know, hope it's no wishful thinking on my part.

If we can re-instate the old trail we can still do our old route along horizontal break out to craggy bit above road then down "OCP got brambled". There's not too many trees to clear off there to get down to forest road as it's mostly OK.

Also been mulling over why would the FC torch the howf? Why set fire to it and severely damage the trees round it? Why not fell them too, make use of them not burn them? Got a funny feeling the arseholes that built howf and were cutting down trees to block trail might be the ones responsible.

Re:

Benji asked me down to his local trails to see what I thought before getting all you other mincers down.

Did about 15mile, nice mix of urban trails and some fantastic xc forest trails in Fordell. Fair bit of climbing but worth it for the downs.

Went along to braefoot as well and ducts some of the easier DH trails there, really quality stuff in there fast and flowing you just need you climb after each down trail and try them all.

Well worth a visit for us. Benji will keep us posted if he gets a free weekend.

Re:

Where about is that Keith? Dalgety Bay comes up on the map search when I put those names in.

Re:

Dalgety bay as you say.

Braefoot is a local natural spot, pretty small but good elevation so there are mix of xc and full on DH trails for the yoofs.

The loop benji did was decent and tough especially at his pace lol, constant pedalling and short hard climbs but the downs were well worth it. We managed 30mph plus at one point.

I couldn't lead on my own yet as don't know it well enough but will definitely be exploring more. Benji has a great loop sorted and can also be extended easily by linking to dunfy.

I suggested to OCP about doing the lomonds on Sunday if anybody fancies it.

Parking at the Holl reservoir carpark and doing Bishop and west lomond then maybe down in to falkland for a change.

anybody fancy it. say 10.30am at the carpark?

Re:

Read this bit "will offer cycling opportunities in a traffic free environment to people of all ages and abilities.", thought, great, should suit you and me Rob. :mrgreen:

Then I clicked the link at the bottom, http://www.fifedirect.org.uk/cyclingcircuit

"The Closed Loop Cycling Circuit will be a loop of tarmac road, fully street-lit and built to ‘A Road’ standard. It will allow for a full range of cycling activities to take place in a traffic free environment all year round."

No as exciting noo for us, is it? Good idea if it gets bairns on bikes somewhere safe for them to learn and gain confidence. :cool:

Back