Midsummer Macretro Munro Mounting Madness - Sun 25th June

Re:

What a great day out on the MTB! You guys don't know what you missed out on.
Epic scenery, fantastic weather, long steady climbs, and long fast fun descents. Clubby even kept his double entendres to a minimum :D
We started from the car park in Tarfside and set out on the long steady climb up to Mt Keen, some parts were tricky with loose stones and it was quicker to push on some short sections, but it was mostly rideable.
Once out of the Glen the views were spectacular as we continued upward towards the summit, a couple of sections near the top required us to push/carry the bikes, but before long we reached the top where we had a well earned break and sheltered from the wind which had picked up a bit.
The descent back down was awesome, fast and fun, what had taken hours to climb was descended in minutes :D
It was then that Clubby suggested I try his back passage :shock: I was just about to head to my car at maximum speed when he declared that it was actually another climb and small loop back to the finish point :LOL:
It was well worth the extra climb just for the descent, which was varied and a lot of fun.
We finished off with a very civilised cup of tea and some cake.
Possibly the "best" mtb ride I've done this year tbh, thanks Clubby :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 20170625_121139-1280x720.jpg
    20170625_121139-1280x720.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 984
  • 20170625_131120-1280x720.jpg
    20170625_131120-1280x720.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 984
  • 20170625_150103-1280x720.jpg
    20170625_150103-1280x720.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 984
Re:

Aye, was a good one. Pity the weather on the summit wasn't kinder, thought the bike was going to blow away carrying it the the cairn.
Also had a moment of concern on the descent as Jimo's rim took a good battering, but thankfully his rubber remained intact.
The bonus descent was fantastic, ridden past it many times on the way up the big Tarfside loop, but was my first time down it.

Took photos as well, but pretty much carbon copies of Jims. Couple of different ones though.

https://instagram.com/p/BVxUaM6AyFZ/

https://instagram.com/p/BVxUF_YA9Vi/

jeez that looks great lads, take it the climb was tough?

another one to think about is Ben Chonzie near Comrie, big lump of a hill and ye start half way up at the carpark, was a boring walk but always thought it would be doable on a bike.

could maybe tie it in to a camping night at comrie croft and do the trail on the sunday if anybody was up for that?

Re:

Missed it !!! This is what I get for not logging on for ages :facepalm:

Was on west coast anyway for Panda 3's birthday BBQ..........Nice run though :D

Back