And today I did......

epicyclo":2lh9gnfa said:
Aye, it was Europe's finest uphill bike walking event.

And Velo deserves a medal for riding that creation on that course. :)

:LOL:

V could likely ride anything on anything :cool: :LOL:

You have to be a bit cracked to ride SS right enough. I would have enough problems getting round there on a powered trials bike.. I guess the walking/cycling mix is a little more in keeping with the Rough Stuff tradition though.

Re:

Today I rode some great singletrack and rode across the seabed to an island !

I park my car by the shore at Cramond in the North West of Edinburgh when I go to college. The college car park is always full and so I park a 10 minute walk away across a pleasant park by the shore.

Anyhoo beside where I park is a small council created mtb circuit even less impressive than the one at Pollock Park in Glasgow. But between it which lies beside the shore and the road I park on is a heavily wooded hillside that stretches for a good mile or so. Within this is a basic but entertaining DH circuit and attached to that is oodles of twisty singletrack created by local riders. Man its fun bashing around this warren of trails. :cool:
Also it overlooks the Firth of Forth in which sits Cramond Island which at low tide can be cycled to over the compressed sand. It might upset the fatbikers that I achieved this on an ordinary mtb :LOL:
Finally although I did not partake, being a responsible car driver, there is Cramond Inn with its fine Beer Garden and the cheapest quality beer and cider in Edinburgh. Its possible to get a pint of real ale for around £2, I kid you not and that is the normal price not a special offer :shock:

Methinks a day a the beach by mtb with a pint might be a plan for the future guys ;)

Re:

Sounds like a good day out Velo.
Is the Cramond Inn actually on the island?
I imagine being stranded on the island as the tide came in, with only the pub as refuge, would be utterly dismal. I couldntvthink of a worse place to be trapped :mrgreen: :LOL:

Was supping coffee in the Velocity Cafe Inverness when I looked up and there's a giraffe size Claud Butler hanging up.

Really nice condition and only £100. I very nearly bought it, but had a stern word with myself (even took it for a spin).

Ideal for a Velo sized man. I can go back and take photos...

Re: Re:

jimo746":1ovn5fh5 said:
I imagine being stranded on the island as the tide came in, with only the pub as refuge, would be utterly dismal. I couldntvthink of a worse place to be trapped :mrgreen: :LOL:
No!
The island is famous for, pillboxes, graffiti and broken glass :mrgreen:

RobMac":5l28y8zj said:
jimo746":5l28y8zj said:
No!

Sounds like the ideal place for a MacRetro meet then :mrgreen:

jimo746":23548jmu said:
RobMac":23548jmu said:
jimo746":23548jmu said:
No!

Sounds like the ideal place for a MacRetro meet then :mrgreen:

Crammond beach is the finish for The Ride To The Sun . Carlisle to Crammond overnight 17th to 18th June that I'm meant to be doing. Kaiser did it last year I believe.

me and my mate Gary had a cracking weekend up at Fort William for the downhill world cup. Can highly recommend it for those that haven't been.

Great atmosphere and some mental racing as you would expect. Pretty well organised but relaxed. We went up saturday morning using the shuttle bus then walked half way up the course (with a couple of shandy's in hand). But the midgies got the better of us so made our way back down to the finish bowl to watch the pro qualy runs.

Sunday we were a bit hungover after a late night in Roobarb club (ffs) in town, so quick mcdonalds and taxi up to the venue again. Sunday was great, watching the runs get faster and faster with a good climax (easy Rob) when Minaar won it on the last run.

Highlights for me were shaking hands with Martyn Ashton, speaking to Gee Atherton who stopped as he passed on the back of a quad bike as hes recovering from a dislocated hip and of course locking eyes with Manon Carpenter as she finished her qualy run. also got to see Tahnee and Rachel as well lol.

ps John - some quality perving to be had with all the chicks on bikes!! check oot Lucy Drees!!

Latest posts

Back