And today I did......

Re:

Maybe look at fitting the sensor to the chainstay/ seatstay instead?

Today I'm doing nothing.
Yesterday I did nothing (I was supposed to be at SSEC2017!!).
Somehow I've pulled a muscle in my neck and had to literally support my head with my hand when getting out of bed, such was the feebleness of my neck muscles :LOL:
So today I'm taking ibuprofen and watching the Monaco GP, I've already watched the women's xco race from Albstadt this morning :)

Re:

I don't know that particular computer but can you not just fit the magnet where you want and rotate the sensor round the fork leg until it's close enough to the magnet?

You were missed Jimo! Velo and I were looking for you yesterday morning.
Thought there might have been a couple of other macretro clan there.
We all had a great time and hell, I only left there at lunch and I'm home already. Doesn't happen often :)

Jamie

Re:

I left at 7:30am this morning and back in my wee hoose by 11:30am. New respect for my wee french car, its a proper motorway machine :D
SSUK17 was TOUGH, possibly the toughest single speed race ever held in the UK. So much climbing you never thought it would end and the heat that was melting us all into puddles of lard. The DH bits were proper enduro stages practically designed for full sussers which the majority of riders were not mounted on. The guys and gals who could ride it were titans of the sport no doubt :shock:
Winner was a guy from the village of Evanton where the event was held and second place was the two times world champion :shock: :shock:
This is in know way a scientifically proved fact but I got the impression as much as half the entrants only did one of the three allocated laps.
Retrobike wise Jamie is the Man, he actually enjoyed the tough descents, chasing down other riders using all of his past motocross skills. For me it was more lessons learned, bring a modern bike, practice more and have grippier walking boots because no matter what I will always walking lots :LOL:
However ignoring the lessons from above, Brian and I are in competition to build and actually ride a lap of SSUK17 on wooden framed bikes. Do I hear a worrying creaking with the prospect of a loud snap !! :LOL: :LOL:

Re: Re:

velomaniac":3g4gvc2m said:
...However ignoring the lessons from above, Brian and I are in competition to build and actually ride a lap of SSUK17 on wooden framed bikes. Do I hear a worrying creaking with the prospect of a loud snap !! :LOL: :LOL:

I already have my design sketched out, with its revolutionary steering system... :)

Looking forward to seeing those designs in the flesh so to speak. Must be a real market for wooden bikes these days. Very renewable :cool:

Sorted the computer. As Dynacol says, I put it where it was closest, rotated the sensor slightly and a couple of new batteries and it appears to be working well. 2 1/4 miles total to the shop and back - average 11mph, top 19.3mph.

Also found a bike radar thread saying its not a prooblem where its put. Near rim or near hub it doesnt matter.

It's always the little things that take all the effort Dyna, but you got there in the end.
Crazy men on wooden bikes, I'll leave you to it, too much sun I think :)
Velo's description of the climbs and the heat were spot on, has to be the toughest course but the downhills, which went for what seemed like miles at a stretch along the contours were brilliant, very loamy and rooty, really enjoyed them for sure.
It was great to catch up with everyone and again this morning sitting around with Mikee and Bruce, shooting the breeze. I thought you had gotten an early start Velo and that I had missed you as I got there just after 9. Thank you once again to Brian for putting me up for the weekend, quite literally, just up the road from the venue. Even had time to go home and have a shower after dinner and be back for 7.30pm festivities. Thank you also for driving back so I could have a few beers ;) I had a great weekend, as is usual with a singlespeed event :)

DSCN3887 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3888 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Mike and some other characters ;)
DSCN3890 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Bruce at the start
DSCN3893 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Velo and his Beast
DSCN3895 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

This was after just a small fraction of the climbing after we started in the village at sea level.
DSCN3898 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3907 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3908 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Aye, it was Europe's finest uphill bike walking event.

And Velo deserves a medal for riding that creation on that course. :)

Re:

Dragged the Mitsu away from the auto electrics fella who has been working on it. Now for some engine TLC and on to painting. Should be ready by winter!
c1FfDCN.jpg

Latest posts

Back