Rob Mac's Birthday bimble - 21st May

Re: Rob Mac's Birthday bimble

It's a 600 mile round trip otherwise I'd be there. Have one for me with my Fairy Godmother.

Attachments

• 5CA0E221-FEB6-406E-941A-EEB57D43C9BD-4215-00001888F6D7115E.jpeg
    5CA0E221-FEB6-406E-941A-EEB57D43C9BD-4215-00001888F6D7115E.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 531
Re:

As Keith said the trails in the trees at Portmoak Moss are pretty rooty for long stretches so techy as feck and therefore not suitable for a relaxed bimble for the bumblers. One of whom is me, we'd stopped part way round as I was deciding where next, anyway front wheel was resting against root in the grass, as soon as I stood on pedals to move off the bike plus moi instantly rotated forward round front wheel into ground. Couldn't move at first because I was laughing so much. The good bits are good but the need to use the techy shit to get to them kinda spoils the enjoyment as yer constantly stopping and swearing and starting, repeat. That's why I wanted Keith as a 2nd critical opinion.

The pub is conveniently close to start of ride with outside seating for a drink with the bikes in view.

I'm in.

Re: Rob Mac's Birthday bimble

so we have

birthday boy
me
OCP

draft plan would be to meet in wee carpark at port Moak around 10am? - Plenty of other on street parking around also.
couple of hours bimble round the loch leven path - this is approx 13mile loop with approx 1m (+/-1m) gradient so bring your knee pads. This will be a relaxed social bimble with plenty of stops to take the piss out of Rob. Very scenic ride if we get the weather, cake stop half way round if needed.
Pub lunch around 1ish in the wee pub in Port moak.

for those with the legs and the time, a couple of us will probably head up to blairadam later in the afternoon for a blast round assuming the trails are still dry.

hope that sounds ok, c'mon get yer name down.

Re:

.......................................................................DANGER! DANGER!..............................................................

......................................................WARNING TO ALL POTENTIAL PARTICIPANTS...............................................

Wear eye protection of some sort, preferably the wrap around variety as there's often hatchings of flies around loch and if there's no wind we'll be riding through clouds of mullions o' the feckin wee basturts which ye cannae avoid. No glasses and ye cannae see feck all, they get everywhere eyes, nose, ears, mooth, in yer hair, for those that are hirsute that is, for you baldy basturts ;) they'll be stuck tae the sweat on yer shiny nappers. :mrgreen:

Just thought I'd mention it as when I did the reccie ride there was loads of them but when Keith and I rode part of the loch trail it was breezy and the wee feckers were nowhere to be seen. It's just our luck on the day but I've ridden round there a few times and more often than not there's flies oot in the summer.

Re: Re:

old_coyote_pedaller":3pw5aria said:
...DANGER!

Wear eye protection of some sort, preferably the wrap around variety as there's often hatchings of flies around loch...

Rob'll be alright...

:mrgreen:

Attachments

• tumblr_oo3uyuFvwj1u9dxjeo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_oo3uyuFvwj1u9dxjeo1_500.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 470
Re:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I wish I cud be there to take the pish, get pished and feck aroond, but it's a looooong way from ere!

Re: Re:

old_coyote_pedaller":9c8wz3og said:
There's nothing tae stop ye takin' the pish long distance if ye cannae be there in person, never waste an opportunity. :mrgreen:

Aye, I'll send the ole bassa a message!

Back