And today I did......

Re:

Dunkeld enduro for me yesterday. Really top drawer event with some magnificent stages, right on the edge of my comfort zone. Was a pretty poor outing for me looking at the results but I had a great time and really haven't been riding all that much recently and certainly not this type of trail.

Re:

Chief at some time in the future you fancy doing a re-run of the track (you could guide) then count me in. I've had this years Enduro plans scuppered thanks to my enforced NHS holiday.

Re:

No probs Rob. Great trails, super techy only bawbuster is the climbs.

Up the Sidlaws with my mate Peem, and rode all the big bustard climb for the first time in years.Really windy here so had to miss out some of the quarry sections for fear of being blown off the hill.

Well done Kaiser. How did the stages compare to the SES last year? They were saying it wouldn't be so full on, but looking at the proposed route I wasn't convinced.

Re:

I'd say it was still pretty full on, stage 1 was steep(a modified cairn to cottage), and 4 and 5 were the same(pretty much), but the conditions were perfect and helped tremendously. Last year's SES was a slopfest. 2 and 3 were a high speed blast.

Re:

Also a lot longer, they just seemed to keep going and going. Which they do when you are slow.

Had seen a vid of stage 1 and thought that was where it was. ZZ and I did the end part that last year and it was really good. Stuff near the start up by the deer fence looks way steep.
Stage 2 (rake and ruin) is great, just a pity the slog to the top of it always knackers me.

Sounds good Kaiser. I looked at doing some SES rounds this year but the price has gone up from last year :x and it kind of put me off a bit tbh. Decided to sign up for a few Sportive events instead (which aren't much cheaper but at least they're a bit longer).

I was all set to do a long road ride today but it looked grim this morning and the wind was blowing a gale, the thought of 4 or 5 hours battling the wind on the road bike just didn't appeal to me.
So instead I had a lazy morning catching up with the Tour de Yorkshire on the ITV hub, then took the Zaskar (actually my Mrs's bike :oops: ) for a blast in the local woods. The sun decided to come out and I explored some new bits of trail,. All in all a lot more fun than riding on the road!

Back