And today I did......

Spotted a nice dark blue dynatech diablo sitting locked up outside the coop up the road from me. ugli forks and all. Looked pretty much complete.
Someone here :?

Re:

Went out for a short (very short) shake-down ride on my '2000' Cannondale F900, the Head Shok was better than expected 'but' they have a bad rebound 'knock' :?
The bikes got potential though.

Got a lift to the north side this afternoon and had a quick blast over the Crow to Fintry then back.

Smashing day for it and I'd have been out all day if I'd resisted the temptation to get hammered last night!

edited to correct an entirely erroneous claim that I'd ridden then Crow and the Tak Ma Doon... I was maybe more hungover than I thought. Moving a road I've ridden many times several miles to the west is a bit of a worry!

Today I scored a set of retro suspension forks with an uncut steerer !!!!

I was robbed, they charged me a tenner for a set of SR 7006 Duotracks. Even I know they should be given away :shock: , but no matter I have the perfect frame for them and it needed a long steerer so I cannot argue. The bikes a Gazelle Roadster frame circa the 1970's thats getting the single speed clunker treatment, that is turning a non mtb into an mtb.

Why, because I can, not because its sensible, because its not but because I didn't want a Dutch roadster and I dont like throwing stuff out especially if interesting. Its got a 38 x 70mm BB shell that takes a press fit BB unique to Gazzelle, that alone took some research. Me being me I bodged a BB to fit with some aluminium tubing of 38mm diameter and thick enough walls to act as a shim for a 70mm width cartridge BB that threads to itself. Bet you didn't know you could get 70mm wide cartridge BB's ;)

So in short life continues on today in the eccentric world of Velo much like any other day.....strangely :facepalm:

No less than what we've come to expect Velo ;)
Sounds a good buy on the forks, as long as they are reasonably safe :)
off to Forth fat this weekend if your at a lose end :)

Jamie

Re:

Currently nothing fat enough in the stable to go near a beach so its a No from me but enjoy yourselves as I'm sure you will. :D

Re:

Today I did about 20 miles and I didn't quite get into the state I usually get into these days.
I'm experimenting with my drugs (prescribed BTW).
It was like a natural history outing today, the amount and variety of fauna and flora was amazing :shock:

You really need to start bringing a camera Rob, if only as a time to take a short break, look about as you say at the fllora and fauna.
And I like seeing folk pics of our country :D

Re: Re:

RobMac":2yw1llo5 said:
Today I did about 20 miles and I didn't quite get into the state I usually get into these days.
I'm experimenting with my drugs (prescribed BTW).
It was like a natural history outing today, the amount and variety of fauna and flora was amazing :shock:

And all in perfect focus. Especially the huge purple spider playing the piano.

Back