Ad Hoc ride Inversnecky Great Glen Way EDIT POSTPONED

epicyclo

Senior Retro Guru
Edit: We're doing the Ride to Parliament in Inverness on Saturday instead, so this is postponed.

Jamie and I are planning a wee trudge along the GGW this Sunday on our classic road bikes.

Distance is depending on the weather, but the aim is to show Jamie Rory's cafe at Abriachan, and if it's nice we may go as far as Drum and come back via back roads.

If anyone is interested pop your name up and we'll give more details, but probably starting mid morning because Jamie has to get down from Thurso.

It doesn't matter what bike you bring, even eBikes, we're just out for a bimble.

The track is suitable for just about any bike, I rode it with this singlespeed a few years back.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":10e6yu49 said:
Besides, we have a wee cycle event going on tomorrow as it is!

Aye, but ours was for Elite Cake Eaters, not Lycra Laddies in Aerodynamic Clothing. :)

Re:

Are you riding in the Sportive today Highlandflyer?
I thought there might have been a little bit of support from the e'tape riders yesterday for the POP ride which ended right next to them.
Best of luck and hope the weather stays decent for you.

Jamie

Re:

Far too many things going on this weekend bike-wise in the 'Sneck :LOL:

There was also the Black Isle Cycle Challenge on Saturday, or else I'd have been at P.o.P :cry:

Re:

Unfortunately didn't ride it Jamie, (but perhaps fortunately as when we headed in to collect our friends, who were, the roads had been reopened and traffic was mixing with the bikes). One of the main reasons I want to ride it is to have traffic free riding on some great roads. I guess with a little fitness I could make sure I did it all without that issue, but it comes so soon after winter's excesses..

Excuses, excuses!

It was a great turnout, over five thousand, and everyone was pretty lucky to get half decent weather. We chilled with the crowd around the theatre, and it was astonishing how far some had come to do the ride.

Would be great if they had made more effort to join the protest ride the day before.

Maybe next year.

I personally think the event would work better on a Saturday with a later kick off. Lots of knackered legs driving cars south on a Sunday isn't clever, and no one is out spending money on Saturday night as they have an early workout coming up.

Back