Show us what you did today, thread

Its that low self esteem Clubby, he'll do anything for a bit of praise.

Tragic really :cry:

So how about I thank both of yez, and offer an apology for missing clubbys post. ;)

Weather was meant to be good up here today but obviously someone didn't get the memo :LOL: I had thought to get out and into town on the BD with Caleb and then get some other stuff done in the afternoon but unfortunately we awoke to the misty rain and bleak outlook all around. Luckily it did progressively get better and by early afternoon the sun was out and trying to dry things off. So a change round of plans and after getting the usual 'stuff' that needs doing done, I got a bit of maintenance done to the Dummy and the Trucker, then managed to get out for a couple hours late on in the afternoon.
As well as adjust the front mech cable now that the new ones bedded in, I needed to sort my light mount out for the Trucker before next weekends run and also fitted my Audax Ecosse mudflap :roll: that arrived yesterday. The cable I assumed was just bedded in as it just wouldn't pick up the big ring with out changing down at the back and with the downtube shifters there's only so far you can pull it.
I just needed to get a few miles in to get the legs back to working and to also check how the light would work mounted on the mid fork. The light has just been a major pain since I took the front rack off as with the handlebar bag there is nowhere to mount it that's not in the way. I do need a new light, but this battery type one works and with planning on putting a dynamo hub and new light on the Big Dummy, there's no money left in the bike fund at all.
It was a lovely late afternoon ride all round, weather was great, legs worked better than expected and the Trucker worked fine on all fronts. Hard to tell with the light until it's used in anger in full darkness but as good as it's been I think. I mounted it on the mid fork mount with the Nitto mount I got for £5 in the sale. The bolt size was a size bigger than the fork mount so a small spacer sorted it and it never moved during the ride.
A ride meandering around the coast just trying to get the legs working and keep up a decent average, but also to just enjoy the long overdue sunshine :)
Hope everyone else has had some decent weather and is enjoying their weekend as well.

Jamie

Light mounted on mid fork
DSCN3421 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Cockpit view with small battery in the handlebar bag.
DSCN3422 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3429 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3431 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

The other side of the bay
DSCN3435 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3442 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3443 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

First off apologies to Mr Panda, who I had said to that I may go and recce the trails west out of Berriedale. Unfortunately the weather this morning was pretty wet and looking rough, especially to the south. The forecast for Berriedale in the afternoon was also wet so that was that. It did brighten up around late morning and then the sun was out and it was really lovely for a while. This was when Caleb and I decided that a trip out on the dirt towards Forsinard from Loch More side. Looking at the time and the rapidly darkening weather closing in from the west as we got closer to Loch More I explained we would load the panniers with supplies and snacks but we may not get very far before the rain gets us. We decided to head towards Altnabreac rather than round the southern track through Dalnawillan lodge as we could see the hills to the south disappearing behind the rain showers.
We got about an hour in and before the station we started getting rain drops, we had already stopped and snacked so with it not looking like it would pass we decided to head back towards Loch More before it got worse. We came out of the forest section and thought about heading south across the Loch, just to delay heading back, but once on the open ground the temperature had dropped a few degrees and the wind had picked up.
I was riding along the side of the loch watching the clouds/rain to the south and west and said to Caleb I think we will out run them, he then informed me that that was good but he didn't think we would outrun the one just behind us to the north, which started sprinkling on us at just that moment as if on cue :LOL:
We actually went past the parked car and turned right onto the tarmac (and that's a very loose description) to see if we could get to the weir as Caleb wanted to see it. We didn't get far before the rain got a little bit more persistent and Caleb said he was getting cold. At this we turned and went back to the car, Caleb sat in his seat behind mine having his drink and snack while I took the wheel of the Dummy and shoehorned it into the Meriva. Its a tight fit and I have to take the front wheel off, seats down in the back and the front seat reclined flat so the front end sits in the passenger seat :LOL: From the fork ends to the back of the frame is about 2 metres.
Anyway, it was a good run out, Dummy was in it's element on these sorts of rough roads, bit of air out the tyres and a steady ride. Nothing fast, with plenty of stops as it's more about Caleb having some fun and just enjoying being out and he had a ball.
Hope everyone else has had a good weekend where ever you are.

Jamie

DSCN3448 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3451 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Rains coming
DSCN3455 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3453 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back on the luxurious tarmac :)
DSCN3460 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back