Show us what you did today, thread

I normally run the Titec Jones bars, they are a licenced aluminium Jones bar, exactly the same width whatever that may be. can measure when I get in.
The Nitto bars I run on the Pugsley are the early Surly branded 1X1 bars and they are 666.

Jamie

Well today, due to the pish weather up here, I didn't go out riding, I know, I know, that's a poor excuse but hey, that's what happened.
So after heading out and getting a few things sorted this morning, I at least managed to get a couple of things done related to cycling. Whether they needed to be done or not, is debateable.
First off I opened up the pieces of a package that came yesterday evening before I got in from work. This was a couple of things I had been wanting for a while for the Mercian or to use on the Jack Taylor. They were a nice Nitto stem and randonneur bar from the Planet X sale. I had only just last weekend been doing my usual ebay search to see if there was any B36 style bars going cheaply and the best I could find was £42 and so saved it as couldn't really do it last week, even though it was a good price. Then Planet X email drops this week with a sale of Nitto stuff, they don't normally stock it but had bought some stuff from a distributor that went out of business. I got the bars I have been wanting for a long time, the B 36 in my size for £20 and a lovely stem that I could normally never justify, for £12! bargains of the century type stuff. So well happy. I even bought some bar plugs and a lamp mount for £5. Unpacked it all and was well happy.
Then after sorting the tag along to lend to one of our friends and packing it in the car, I decided to get the well loft buried Mongoose out of it's boxes and see what I still needed to get it finished off. It's a '79 nickle plated Motomag and have had it for a lot of years now, maybe eight or nine and have been gathering parts to slowly build the same machine I raced/rode back in 79/80. It's been built with parts to be the same as I had, which was never flash by any means, and always as a rider not any sort of show type thing so nice, but honest patina. It has a NOS generic unnamed handlebar, repro grips and a Tange headset otherwise the rest of it is just survivor type stuff I have picked up over time, 2nd gen Tuff II wheels, mongoose stamped 1 piece crank, stem, motomag chainwheel as well as a spare Mongoose stamped Takagi spider. I haven't bought anything for a long time so just wanted to tinker and see what was still needed. Tinker mainly :)
Still need a seat, Dia Compe 890 rear brake, Tech 3 lever, seatpost, clamp, pedals and cables. Some of this will be red of course.
Anyway, I just thought I would share a couple of non riding things done today.
Hope you all had a bit better weather than me and managed to get a ride, or at the very least, enjoyed your day.
Tomorrows weather looks better but very windy, so it's going to be hard going in at least one direction ;)

Jamie

Nitto stuff - the box is opened.......
DSC_1651 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Unwrapped......nice
DSC_1658 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1661 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

'79 Motomag
DSC_1656 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1675 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

I did see that when it came out, its very well done and also my hometown. Like the original was a lot of my stomping ground and around the northern beaches.
Also spending all day every day riding this when younger helps me understand why I love my singlespeed so much :)

Jamie

Re:

Some nice stuff Jamie, great find on the Nitto kit. Was a big BMX fan BITD, had a Puch, Burner and a Redline which was very nice. The original Haro Freestyler would be my unicorn.

Back