MOTOR CHAT

No worries! I still have nightmares about the puncture hell last time I rode those trails though!

Will see if I can make it, just got loads on..

Jamie's trying to get a chilled social ride organised at GT close to Hogmanay, interested?

Re: Re:

Mr Panda":97bk6t5a said:
Rob - I still have this =D

Only other LRs I've driven were Defenders and a V8i Disco. All have had issues,but most cars do. Fuel consumption, speed, comfort, corrosion......etc. think long and hard young man. However I must say I'm being tempted by a a 2003/4 vintage Disco 2 over recent months :facepalm:

Depends what you want it for really - 4wd on tarmac or serious offroading. If the former, I'd try for a low miles Subaru Estate again, despite my lack of luck with the last one.........if you wanna go down the 20mpg route.

Bloody great picture!

I would heartily recommend a later Disco. I used to be quite prejudiced, but the 2002 we are running is ridiculously capable, and as economical as our Merc Sprinter.

I had no idea. I still don't, being a confirmed idiot, but I do know a Disco can be fun.

Can't stand driving the Defenders now, for the same reason I always drove whatever else was around, especially my favourites the Pajeros.

They are just too slow, cramped and agricultural.

Series are still very very cool, and I love them and always will as driving them is an event.

What I want now is a leather interior, bolt in, heated seats, bolt in same time, tuned to heck engine, but probably will move on to a V8 to match the RR.

Not much else I want, and I can see a Disco being my daily drive for a few years.

Already pulled me off much worse snow than a Defender with much more aggressive tyres was a pain to drive on. Just does the job with the TC and hill descent.

I know there are compromises with more maintenance and less outright ability like for like, but most never really test the abilities of the tougher Land Rovers.

The one thing I wonder is if I will be happy to go back to the lower roof and less room in the RR Classic.

It really rocks though. So damn cool.

I would jump on a later Disco if I was looking for the capability without the pain. Why suffer needlessly when you can have a laugh and use it everyday?

Re: Re:

jimihendrix":18nlnb3n said:
Cheers man, I love it, best daily driver I have had, needs to go to fund the Pontiac though.

Drug dealing not so lucrative these days?

Have to love Jimi's taste in motors. Hope he turns up to a ride with bike in the back of his Pontiac when it's done.

Back