Single Speed European Championships 2017 in Scotland !

Re: Re:

RobMac":3d7k1d05 said:
What's the consensus on the SS Champs modern or retro?

I don't think it matters, as long as it's got just one gear you'll be fine.

There isn't an actual "race" is there??! :shock: I was under the impression it was just arsing about on bikes and following a general route, which is only marked out so that those who've sampled a bit too much of the ale don't get hopelessly lost in the woods?? :D

jimo746":214y21ui said:
RobMac":214y21ui said:
What's the consensus on the SS Champs modern or retro?

I don't think it matters, as long as it's got just one gear you'll be fine.

There isn't an actual "race" is there??! :shock: I was under the impression it was just arsing about on bikes and following a general route, which is only marked out so that those who've sampled a bit too much of the ale don't get hopelessly lost in the woods?? :D

Certainly sounds like the 2004 Worlds in Berlin!
And the after party. Got kicked out of the bar at 4.30, last group standing (just). 2 hours sleep then went for a drunken ride round the streets of Berlin. Finally sobered up (slightly) sitting in a cafe at the Brandenburg gate at lunchtime.

Pity I can't make the event, it'd be almost worth building another singlespeed for.

jimo746":3s4w4hp5 said:
...There isn't an actual "race" is there??! ...

The fear of the beer running out before you get to it has inspired many impressive sprints...

epicyclo":22a29tb0 said:
clubby":22a29tb0 said:
...Pity I can't make the event, it'd be almost worth building another singlespeed for.

Can lend you one...

Thanks for the offer, but committed to work shifts that weekend. Plus I'm off on riding holiday two days later.

Back