And today I did......

Jamiedyer":ybylangw said:
Good choice Col :)
I was showing Heather those the other night, I really like the carbon XLS but this is way cheaper and like you say, it's far more flexible. Lots more mounting points and can take slightly wider tyres, what's not to like?
I don't really need another bike, maybe .....
I prefer the blue one though.
Look forward to hearing your impressions once together.

Jamie
Yeah the XLS are lovely looking bikes too but more cross specific I think plus I couldn't justify paying the extra money. I do fancy doing a bit of touring at some point so the rack mounts are a bonus.
I don't really need another bike either but I plan on having this and my Yeti Full sus. as my only two modern bikes which should cover everything I'll need.

I'll get some pic's posted up when it arrives and a ride report will follow for sure.

Re:

I'm liking that Planet-X Col :)
You'll be able to do road and off-road stuff on that, touring, bike-packing etc, a really versatile purchase.

Re: Re:

jimo746":37gphbb7 said:
I'm liking that Planet-X Col :)
You'll be able to do road and off-road stuff on that, touring, bike-packing etc, a really versatile purchase.
My thoughts exactly.
Considering that this limited edition Ultegra equipped version is £100 cheaper than the regular Tiagra equipped model it made it a no brainer. It's cheaper because it comes unassembled but that's a further bonus if you ask me, more shops should offer that as an option I reckon.

Re:

It's progress right enough Rob so credit where it's due. I sold a couple of frames last year but need to have a proper clear out once I've got the last two projects done :facepalm:

Re:

Today I've been mainly freezing my Bawbag off whilst building up a Zaskar for the Mrs. Called it a day at 3pm as it was rapidly getting colder!

Latest posts

Back