Show us what you did today, thread

You know you can even get a sidecar type platform for the side ;)
It's all for carrying cargo, more so than for anything else. There is longloaders for carrying things like surfboards or long lengths of timber, wideloaders for carrying wide loads.The wideloaders are similar to the U Tubes only they stick out about 4 inches further. You can put them on one side or both. This stuff is all pretty 'modular' if that's the right word and so while it all fits many different cargo bikes and xtracycles Freeradical, you generally end up with very different type builds depending on what you want to do with it. It's a whole other world and thankfully I picked up the accessories at a pre Brexit price but it's looking like I might have a bit of hassle finding the replacement tubes in the UK or Europe and the same price.
I put the U Tubes on the side so there is somewhere for Caleb to stand to get on and off, though there is a bit of the frame that comes out, it also is to support anything your carrying and also the slot between the tubing along the rail fits the front wheel of a bike no problem so you can tow a bike as well, so when I take him somewhere to practice riding his bike, I just slot it in the back and tow it.

Jamie

Out this afternoon for a long ride on the Dummy to try and get some stuff dialled in.
Did about 30 - 40 miles and they were hard miles :LOL: I had everything from raging headwind, dodging rain showers and riding all that tarmac with a heavy Dummy made heavier with Fat tyres :roll: A few stops here and there and a long way into town that was far longer than I thought, as usual.
I met Heather and Caleb in town at the café at the caravan park for a coffee. I was lucky as by the time I got there I thought they would have been and gone and be waiting at home. I had done the bulk of the ride getting there and so needed to fuel up for the dark dash home so I had a large American pancake smothered in cream and maple syrup, large chocolate milkshake and finished with a large latte, well it's a long ride and it's winter ;)
One small rain shower on the way and a stop at the beach as the clouds had cleared and the moon and stars were out making it a pleasant evening ride.

Jamie

Looking ominous.
DSCN3160 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Not so big out in this country
DSCN3165 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

The beach under the moonlight
DSCN3175 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

Jamie, I dont think that things heavy enough yet. See if you can con Surly into making a fat tyred rickshaw with fat tyred caravan all powered of course by single speed :shock:

Re: Re:

velomaniac":1exc16zc said:
Jamie, I dont think that things heavy enough yet. See if you can con Surly into making a fat tyred rickshaw with fat tyred caravan all powered of course by single speed :shock:
Don't worry. Jamie has the additional weight thing covered.

As we speak, Jamie's secret training plan is in operation, young Caleb is getting fattened up with Xmas goodies.

How did he get so fast? EPO? No, just Big Fat Dummy and passenger ever increasing in size. Soon the UCI will wake up to the unfair training advantage this gives.

Re: Re:

RobMac":1kmj5f9o said:
You damned commoner :facepalm:

I know ma place.
hi.gif

Sorry Jamie, I know yer not surly or fat.
whistle2.gif

:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back