Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Ying.....?! is that from the Glaswegian school of philosophy, no the Chinese?! :LOL:

Attachments

• yinyang.jpeg
    yinyang.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 350
Re:

took a run out today and was out for three and a half hours, freezing cold but beautiful weather! :cool:

used to pedal around here (the Rothes windmills) a lot many years ago, but it's changed somewhat with even more windmills now!

don't remember so much climbing, but maybe being young and much fitter back then i just didn't notice it! :oops:

slogged up a long climb, only to find it stopped at the top! had no option but to go back the way i'd come, carried on downhill only to find myself on the back road from Dallas to Knockando, so it was 15 miles back to the car on road, which with soft, wide knobblies was no fun! :facepalm:

was a brilliant afternoon though, cold feet by the time i got back to the car, and knackered, and hungry, but loved it! :D

first pic shows Lossiemouth in the distance, and the third shows Ben Rinnes too, good views from up-on-high!

Attachments

• mill4.jpg
    mill4.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 347
  • mill3.jpg
    mill3.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 347
  • mill2.jpg
    mill2.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 347
  • mill1.jpg
    mill1.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 347
Looks great, nice weather as well.
Shame about the ride back to the car but at least you were out :)

Jamie

Saturday had a ride out with Brian, Colin, John and Andy for Global fat Bike Day.
It was a 10am start at Loch Kinellan (?) just above Strathpeffer for a ride through and over some big hills to hopefully end up at the burger van in Garve for lunch before heading back using a mix of the same and some new tracks. A mixture of singletrack and forestry roads.
It was quite cool, especially in the shade or when the clouds covered but it was very still, no wind at all. Most importantly no rain, a bit of mud though, but all in not too bad.
Hadn't been on the Pugsley for a bit so it was good to get out and give it a good run.
Not retro I know, but hey, just thought I would share.

Jamie

DSCN3131 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3133 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3135 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3142 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3147 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3150 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3152 (2) by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3151 (2) by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

Looks like a good day out Jamie. Not done much recently. Mrsthefish broke ribs on her bike in the summer and hasn't been keen on the cycling since. Not some gnarly black run - coming home from pub. O dear.

Anyway, worked weekend so she was up for a skive and a bimble round Rothiemurchus today. Crappy phone pic but it was grand with frosted trees, icy lochs and hard frozen ground. Proper winter weather but no doubt we'll be back to horizontal rain soon enough......

Attachments

• Rothiemurchus 04.12.16 (2).jpg
    Rothiemurchus 04.12.16 (2).jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 287
Looks well wintery! Looks nice and sunny though.
It was a bit like that up here, nice and sunny and it was minus 6 driving to work.
Hopefully the rain will stay away for a few days.

Jamie

Spent Sunday night putting together some of the bits for the Big Dummy.
The skateboard deck was replaced with a proper Xtracycle flight deck. This mounts onto the rails with bolted on hooks and are very strong. They recommend these if you carry human cargo. Onto this is a Magic Carpet, this is the grey seat running on the deck. Its a very comfortable but dense padding and is in a waterproof cover with reflective piping, with the back being a red reflective material. This straps down onto the top rail at 9 points so will never move. Then I put the U Tubes on, these are the rails that run along the side at foot height. This is where things went a bit confusing, the U Tubes fitted into the rails at each end and they had 2 holes near the end of the tubes with one at each end lining up with the holes in the Dummy frame. The tubes came supplied with four bolts, problem was my frame only had a hole on one side of the tube and the U Tube holes had no threading. After a bit of checking it turns out they sent me the later tubes as the earlier ones for the Dummy have a little spring loaded pin that when it gets pushed into the frame and aligns, then the pin pops out through the frame to stop the tube coming out. To remove, just push the pin in and slide the tube out. So U Tubes winging their way back to London and older tubes being sourced, hopefully wont be too long.
Anyway its getting there, just looking for a set of Nitto Albatross bars for Caleb but just hope they are not too wide, just need something with a wide sweep for him. Maybe there is some sort of kids swept back bars. Oh and I also need another set of bar ends for his footrest, just need to find something straight with a curve at the end as the old Specialized ones I have on there at the moment are slightly curved and when mounted for foot pegs they sweep upwards slightly.
Anyway just thought I would share.

Jamie

DSC_1615 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1616 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1618 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1617 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Every time i see one of those, my N+1 nerve gets itchy.......

And we now have a spare steel frame.........

Back