MacRetro Trading Post

Re:

I've got a couple of pairs of water-proof, breathable socks similar to Sealskins, so toasty warm, dry feet in the winter nae problem. :cool:
Overshoes wid get torn tae shreds MTBing.

I use my sealskins for running the dogs etc but for the most part on the mtb I just use some good merino socks and deal with the cold. I find when I do use the sealskins like at the puffer or at Dunkeld, I end up soaked with sweat anyway. Will still pull them on for the puffer etc but may try these Aldi ones if I can find them.
On the road in the winter I really do like my old Shimano neoprene overshoes, even with my thin shoes its only the sole that gets a bit cold.
Charlie (CTBM) was selling those 45 north boots, Japanthers discounted down to about £100 from £250 or so, just use the ssuk2016 code at checkout.

Jamie

Jamie

Re:

Will need to look at that. Tried them on last winter but balked at the price.
Edit: had a look but no joy. Down to £170 on site but code doesn't reduce it any further.
Steering towards Shimano's new MW5 at the monent. Old winter boots are good in the wet but not very warm, and the hiking style ones let a lot of spray down the top and aren't great on the road bike.

I keep telling folk if you want warm feet, wear sandals*. :)

SealSkinzs work fine if they can breathe. That doesn't happen if they're up against a damp lining of a boot. In that case wearing a shoe will allow better breathing. If it's a boot, you're as well wearing ordinary wool socks IMO.

For really cold I wear a wicking sock against my bare foot (ie just about any cycling sock these days), and on top of that a merino with thickness depending on how cold/wet it is out. The final layer is the Sealskinz, and this should not be a tight fit because if you stretch them they are more likely to leak. I buy a size up.

*If someone made a boot with a decent grippy sole, toe and heel protection and plain mesh upper that would do the job for me.

Sorry Clubby, I thought they were still going for the discount price as I knew Charlie still had a few left.
Overshoes on the road is best :)

Jamie

Re:

Zaskar for sale....

All hope stuff inc wheels

Everything except the Heckler and Bullitt

All my spares box too.....

I'll be listing it all shortly to clear the credit card post house move next week....

Re:

Anybody interested in a 18" Specialized S-Works steel Stumpjumper OR a 19" Bontrager Privateer?
I need to generate some cash in a hurry.

I'm pregnant :shock:

Looking for a bike around the £100 mark for my dad, he's 5ft8 so medium frame I reckon, take it you're looking for more than that for yer boutique bikes rob?

Back