And today I did......

Re: Re:

RobMac":23yq6tog said:
F'ing rigid, but I'm getting used to it. I'll keep lowering the tyre pressures till it feel right, might be OK when its carrying a load. It turns on a sixpence and its really really manoeuvrable I'm happy to do 'any' slow manoeuvre while clipped in, tyres are cack in mud but like shit to a blanket on tarmac or hard pack and it rolls fast, really fast.
The last time I'll go on about it ......................
Today I dropped the tyre pressures down to 1.5 bar, had a ride on road at that pressure and its much more bearable, fronts fine but the backs just to soft. RTP are between 2.1 & 3.1 bar (30 & 40 psi) but I'll try the 1.5 off road first before increasing the pressures again.
Forgot to mention the frame can take a stealth dropper post.
1.5 bar = 21.7 psi.

Re:

Rob, that sounds way too high to me. I run my dirt wizard/chronicle at 15psi at most. Pretty pointless running plus tyres at anything over 20. Yes it's going to feel different but that's the idea.

Yeah, Dirt Wizards are best on the 1X1 at around 15psi much more than that and there is too much deflection type bounce.

Jamie

LikeClockwork":2mt8k5e5 said:
Hell, why don't you do away completely with the tyres and just wrap some clouds around your wheels...... :mrgreen:

Yeah but which are best for mud? Stratus or Cumulonimbus?

clubby":1nk7628j said:
LikeClockwork":1nk7628j said:
Hell, why don't you do away completely with the tyres and just wrap some clouds around your wheels...... :mrgreen:

Yeah but which are best for mud? Stratus or Cumulonimbus?

(Desperately scrabbles around on google looking for various cloud formation types.....)

Erm....... :oops:

Today Jamie and I went on a retro road ride with our beautiful lightweight lugged steel bikes (fancy Reynolds and hand cut lugs).

I mastered the art of using a derailleur - 3 gear changes were made, although 2 of them were made with the bike stationary.

Fun was had, but Jamie has asked me to revise my definition of the word "road". :)

Back