Show us what you did today, thread

Nice day, was supposed to be doing some DIY around the house. So went for a road ride.

Trouble is there's all those alluring dirt tracks around here.

And off them is singletrack. It'd be rude not to take a look.

But all tracks go somewhere. I ended up on this nice lane.

The tarmac petered out (who says there's not a god) and I continued on more dirt road for a few kilometres before rejoining the tarmac. Somehow I ended up following the River Conon despite having the intention of going the opposite direction, but rivers are always irresistible to me. Had a wee stop to refuel on Snickers bars and have a drink. That was thwarted by the Snickers bars and my water bottle still being on the kitchen table at home. No great loss, the main reason for the stop was just to sit and watch the water going by. Scotland's not short of lovely places.

By the way, have you checked your nuts lately? As I was riding along I spotted a lonely chrome wheel nut, a few hundred yards further another, then around the corner I found another two close together and the obvious consequences.

Moral of the story? Gentlemen, before going out make sure your nuts are firmly attached.

Unfortunately I'd started off too late so when I got to this point I had to make the choice. Continue along the glen, and then mountainbike across the big lumpy bits along one of 2 routes which take you out at Achnasheen or Achnashellach. That would have probably meant darkness would benight me, and Jamie's been on enough of my rides to realise that I rely on Braille rather than LEDs, so I took the smart option and crossed the dam here for a shorter route home.

It was really more of a pootle than a ride, just 55km.

Looks lovely mate!
Nice tracks and nice weather as well by the look of it :)
Shame about the nuts ;)

Jamie

Re:

Talking of loose nuts..............tonight dropped trusty landrover off for MOT and cycled home. Got about 200 yards before rear derry shed a jockey wheel (unrecovered) followed by Ultimate Bodging to get me home. Handy things bottle cage screws LOL

No piccies as yet........

Re: Re:

Mr Panda":q67b427j said:
...and cycled home. Got about 200 yards before rear derry shed a jockey wheel (unrecovered) ......

Jamie and I offer a free enlightenment consultancy for people with that problem.

Back