And today I did......

Re:

Can't hear my gears for the noise of my breathing!

Anyway, 10 speed block, chain and chainring £100, Rolhoff £1400. That's a lot of drive chain changes.

Im going to throw in my lot and compare Rolhoff to Sturmley.

I know what you're all going to say, thats its not the same but, effectively its exactly the same.
And a fraction of the price.

The new 8 speed Sturmeys are supposed to be not bad, but not a huge amount better than an Alfine if it's range you are after.
I've got the Rolhoff dropout for the El-Mar, and I am considering it! :shock:
Tempted by a NuVinci too, though not sure how great the sealing is. Maybe I should go for NuVinci and Schlumpf?

firedfromthecircus":1ukupqfp said:
Tempted by a Nexus too, though not sure how great the sealing is. Maybe I should go for Nexus and Schlumpf?

You could always go for a very reasonably priced nearly new Alfine ;)

firedfromthecircus":xav09ygm said:
The new 8 speed Sturmeys are supposed to be not bad, but not a huge amount better than an Alfine if it's range you are after...
Is there a new 8 speed?

The 8 speed Sturmey hubs I know aren't much use for mtb work because their bottom gear is direct drive.

Firedfromthecircus wrote:
I've been trying to work out my plan for this winter now my SS days seem behind me.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's a very sad state of affairs Barry. :cry: :cry:
The answer to your gear problems is already there, its calling you ............

Jamie ;)

Jamiedyer":34vnh0q4 said:
Firedfromthecircus wrote:
I've been trying to work out my plan for this winter now my SS days seem behind me.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's a very sad state of affairs Barry. :cry: :cry:
The answer to your gear problems is already there, its calling you ............

Jamie ;)

I know. :(

What's the answer?

clubby":38smotj2 said:
firedfromthecircus":38smotj2 said:
Tempted by a Nexus too, though not sure how great the sealing is. Maybe I should go for Nexus and Schlumpf?

You could always go for a very reasonably priced nearly new Alfine ;)

Yeah, quite tempted by that. I'll take it if your happy to just hang on to it til we meet up next time. ;)

Grasshopper, the answer lies within yourself..........or the ripple of the pond..... or in the way of the path to enlightenment.....
but for Barry, they all say the same thing.................. singlespeed ;)

History man, that looks lovely, where, when, for how long and on what?
More info please, looks like the sort of riding we like :)

Jamie

Back