Show us what you did today, thread

Good Saturday's all round chaps, no velo for me yesterday, took in the Glasgow uni vet school rodeo, a good family day out if your ever in the neighbourhood.

Today's all about the bike, new modern is about to be ridden for the second time on the club run, then Amstel gold race (and probably the swing park this avo)

Jamiedyer":uf0cfdgu said:
..I need to get some longer miles and time in the saddle if I am hoping to even hint at finishing Brians crazy Audax run of 400klms in 27 hours...

You're not the only one who needs to get some miles in. :)

All sounds like a good weekend all around so far.
Barry, I am spoiled as I thought because I was a bit later than expected, I did think the dogs may have already eaten/been fed my dinner :)
That seatpost looks better each time I see it and I thoughtit was decent to begin with.
Graham, enjoy your ride mate, I'm assuming its the stealthy Neil pride thats on duty today so I cant imagine having a bad ride.
The weather up hear is not as good today, complete cloud cover, so a bit grey but doesn't look like rains coming too soon.
Off to mow both lawns then a few miles on the Trucker before Amstel, well thats the loose plan anyway.
Hope everyone else is having/or has a good one.
Jamie

Hi Brian
I dont think I will get another 100 in today. There is no wind here today so may head east to Wick and then round the coast through Reiss and Groats.

Jamie

gmac123":3r8fx2ln said:
Glasgow uni vet school rodeo

Now there's a phrase I never expected to read on retrobike! :LOL: Sounds 'interesting'! :LOL:
How's the new bike getting on Graham?

Just back from walking the dog and the weather is a bit dull down here too Jamie. Supposed to be better through west so G's ride might be nicer.

On what medium do you guys watch these bike races? I watched the ITV4 highlights of Paris-Nice the other day but nowt other than that.

Eurosport shows all the racing, most live and then highlights at night. Commentary by Shaun Kelly and Brian the Scot as well as a few others.
I have a very basic Sky package, £20 a month but Eurosport 1 & 2, Motors TV etc are included as part of the information channels like Discovery and Nat geo, so no need for a sport subscription as they cover all the cycling, World and BSB superbikes and Motors TV covers Supercross and all motocross as well as the Aussie V8 series. You also get Extreme which shows all the Dew cup and X games as well as a lot of mountainbiking so all cycling, skateboard and BMX covered.
My package has three packages which is the minimum and is worth it for £20 a month. I dont have Sky plus which is a one off payment of £90 and with that I can record and watch later.

Jamie

The rodeo was awesome, not sure who enjoyed it most, young Millie or I. The Drakes of Hazzard are my new favourite act. A sheep dog demonstration, herding a bunch of comedy / stunt orientated Indian Runner Ducks

And the weather in the south west - has dulled over and dominated by a cool easterly. The NeilPryde well, actually it out performed my legs.

If sky's not an option, check out steephilltv on tinternet, normally has a list of links for feeds of every pro race.

If you're (or anyone reading) is considering sky, give me a pm I can get you free box, free install and half price subs for a year via staff offer - open to anyone.

Ment to say, Jamie / Epicycle - mucho respect for the 400 km audax entries

gmac123":2fd3dojp said:
The Drakes of Hazzard are my new favourite act. A sheep dog demonstration, herding a bunch of comedy / stunt orientated Indian Runner Ducks

It gets more bizarre each time you post! :LOL:

That link was just the ticket though Graham. Cheers. ;)
I don't have a TV so sky is not an option but with that link I reckon I should get to watch a bit more cycling. :cool:

Talking of watching cycling, has anyone had any thoughts about the ToB since it's visiting for 2 stages?

The Drakes of Hazard do sound way too good. :)
Spent the morning mowing the lawn and tidying stuff around the yard. Then after bacon roll for lunch, Caleb and I took some rubbish to the tip in Thurso. Home around 2 so watched Amstel on the box then after finishing a few other things I got out for about an hour and a half or two hours on the Trucker. Went out towards Groats on the high road then cross country towards Lyth. Part way to Lyth I took a turn back towards home and cruised back along some pretty quiet roads. All was on singletrack roads but I think I seen 3 or 4 cars the whole way.
Weather here was solid cloud all day, no rain but certainly felt like it could even though the temp wasn't too bad. Wind was the same as yesterday with a steady easterly breeze.
Nice ride on the Trucker and its certainly comfortable on these rough back roads up here. Thats the first thing I thought of after the last few weeks being solely on the Merckx.
Anyway I hope everyone else had a good one.
Some pics:

Jamie

Cycle route 1 - just at the end of my road :)

Hoy in the background over the water

The island of Stroma in background

Back