It's the spare parts winter build thread

Obviously I'm up for this but which bike. I can go for several builds as I have oodles of spares. I might go for my Apollo GT clone as frankly its rubbish and might never get another opportunity :LOL:

Re:

Velo, got a proposition for you.

obviously i cant build worth a feck :oops: but if you have plenty of spares and could stretch to 2 bikes worth i could ply you with alcohol in exchange for a loan of a klunker build. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :|

Re:

Keith,
You'd need to come over some weekend we're both free in daylight and help me root out the bits for a build. I have loads of stuff but its chaotically stored and most of my bikes are gate sized :LOL:

Re: Re:

velomaniac":2wi7bhpr said:
Keith,
You'd need to come over some weekend we're both free in daylight and help me root out the bits for a build. I have loads of stuff but its chaotically stored and most of my bikes are gate sized :LOL:
Sounds like the beginings of a Macretro version of Scrapheap challenge :LOL:

Re:

Rob very kindly sold me back the Shivers which were part of the original DH8 build, this got the build kick started again.

Though this is'nt the bike for Dunkers i thought i'd show it anyway, i'll be re-doing the Clockwork for Dunkers which i'll document on here.

ThnACyel.jpg

Unsure what to do about brakes ?, have a set of Mono Mini's but hoses are far too short for the DH8 and was thinking of keeping these for a RetroMod XC build anyway.

Really out of touch with what's decent though, always stuck with Hope in the past, had my eye on a set of Avid 5's which seem reasonably priced.

Latest posts

Back