Retrobike Endura Kit Review

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Thought I'd give some feedback on the Retrobike Endura kit I bought:

Short sleeve road jersey Very comfortable indeed, great cut and really good finish. Not much more to add really.

Pro bibshorts These are really good quality and a great fit (on me) with no riding up, bunching or tightness - basically you forget that you are wearing them bar occassionally admiration of the logos on your thighs! The difference between these and the regular bibs is the insert (lots of shaping and different densities/thicknesses) and the bib (made of mesh). Rode in them for 10 hours at MM and then again the day after the event finished (I washed them in between!) with not a hint of soreness. It would be daft to say they are Assos quality but they are very close and at approximately half the price much, much better value.

Windtex jacket Very windproof with a nicely brushed Roubaix finish on the inside. Fit and cut are great.

Roubaix 3/4 bibshorts I wasn't expecting it but these have the Pro insert so are very comfortable (as above). Fabric is soft, brushed on the inside and very cosy, grippers keep the 3/4s nicely below the knee and the bib also adds nicely to the warmth. Weather will have to be really cold for me to use my Assos Airblock bibtights!

So in summary very pleased indeed with the function of kit and looks suitably 'pro' so excellent on both fronts.

I have the normal bibs and they are good too .

managed to make a whole in them at MM ( 12 hours after taking delivery :cry: ) , but the whole hasnt got any worse despite a lot of use and wash since .

Windtex jacket Very windproof with a nicely brushed Roubaix finish on the inside. Fit and cut are great.

Totally agree!!! A real show stopper of an item, Well made, proper printing and does what it says on the tin. Yet to pull out my winter coat!! :cool:

ededwards":1ezjhcv2 said:

Ed, Does yours leak like mine does?

Endura say
The Windtex
® Jacket is made from waterproof/windproof breathable
membrane fabric. Perfect for severe winter conditions. The Windtex®
Jacket is available in two different weights of fabric, both have the
same Windtex ® waterproof and windproof membrane.
The Windtex® Jacket has a thick brushed back inner for maximum
insulation in very low temperatures.
The Lighweight Windtex ® Jacket has thinner insulation for less severe
temperatures whilst still offering the same level of protection from
wind and rain.

i cant see how it can be waterproof without taped seams but they DO say it is.......however this isn't the reason I bought it so I can live with the 'issue'. Excellent jacket apart from that ;)

'Normal' Bib Shorts - Great
Pro Bib Shorts - much better than 'normal' bib shorts
Gilet - great, I wear it on almost every ride
SS Road Shirt - great quality
Windtex - apart from the above this is a great jacket

neilll":12mbbags said:
ededwards":12mbbags said:

Ed, Does yours leak like mine does?

To be honest I've never worn mine in wet weather and until I read that blurb from Endura didn't know that it was supposed to be waterproof! Like you, can't see how it can be and suspect if it really was it would be have to be really pricey.

In the real world I suspect it would be fine in a light shower or generally damp conditions but can't see that it would deal well with heavy rain like we've had in the past week. Still reckon it's a top jacket for drier, colder days though, which is a good job as that's what I bought it for.

The windtex jacket is great!

But like you, never thought it would be waterproof. Need something a bit special to be proper waterproof. Splashproof, puddle proof, quick light spray - ok. Nice and warm, not too much, good cut. Ideal autumn winter jacket :D

Pro Bib Shorts are fantastic, the only downside is the white side panels are see-through :p

Gilet is very good but a bit tight around my huge muscled shoulders :p

SS mtb jersey is top notch, love the quality of the fabric and the zipped pocket is a great idea :eek:

LS MTB Jersey:

Comfy, plenty of room to wear a vest and longsleeve top underneath for extra warmth.

However, its not very stain resistant. First ride in it was a muddy one at Sherwood Pines, and it was quite stained when it came out of the washing machine :(

Will try some stain remover and see if that helps, but if not I will be very disappointed :(

Pickle":xlsnrfgm said:
LS MTB Jersey:

Comfy, plenty of room to wear a vest and longsleeve top underneath for extra warmth.

However, its not very stain resistant. First ride in it was a muddy one at Sherwood Pines, and it was quite stained when it came out of the washing machine :(

Will try some stain remover and see if that helps, but if not I will be very disappointed :(

Not had a prob myself, you thought about upgrading the wife?

gump":21h4zdor said:
The windtex jacket is great!

But like you, never thought it would be waterproof. Need something a bit special to be proper waterproof. Splashproof, puddle proof, quick light spray - ok. Nice and warm, not too much, good cut. Ideal autumn winter jacket :D

Got caught out today in some pretty ropey rain over a 3 hour period, I have to say I was dry when I got back, not bad hey :cool:

Back