Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Latest up for the vote is Trek OCLV. Thought we might be a little more specific this time as requested ;) Since this is a retro site please cast your vote based on what was around in the mid 90s, rather than voting uncool becasue your mate Fat Barry has a 07 OCLV road bike in full Disco colours with matching kit.

For a little background > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trek_Bicyc ... quisitions

And as ever a couple of pictures to ghet you going...

imgp5481pp3kf9.jpg

TrekY22.JPG

..last but most certainly not least....

tourdelance2.jpg

i always thought the hardtails were good bikes but not cool, the y frames i thought were ugly and again not cool (although a friend still has 1 that i sold him BITD that must 10 years old that he uses dirt jumping and it's still going strong! :shock: ) the road bikes, hmmm . . . is the bike cool or lance riding it cool? or lance winning on it? no, not cool.

when i sold these bikes years ago i didn't want one so defo not coo for me although i did like the half and half painted one, in yellow/purple iirc.

my 2p
:D

Sorry, enthusiasts, but I say they're uncool.

I grant you they were competent, but they were also rather anodyne.

I loved the first Trek composite frame with neon yellow or orange color lugs (8700 and 8900)
But for me, OCLV, is the period where design bicycle started to become a little boring, too serious…
So, uncool

Didn't want a Trek BITD, don't want one now so got to be uncool for me. Can't remember seeing a single one (including the OCLV) that's made me go ooooooooooo.

Back