Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:34 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Coolwall - Trek OCLV
Cool 46%  46%  [ 70 ]
Uncool 54%  54%  [ 82 ]
Total votes : 152
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:11 pm 
Retro Guru

pete_mcc wrote:
Face it, it's a dull and nasty plastic bike made with no passion or feeling, it's ridden by some of the worlds most dire and dreary racers (and Bush), if you broke one you wouldn't mourn you'd just get trek to warranty it under their sterile exchange system for another soul sapping hit of insipid bike phlegm (wrapped in a tissue of shimano no doubt for that extra hit of humdrum) and, for gods sake, its a Trek

Forking Perfect analysis! :lol: :lol:

What he said! +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:02 pm 
Old School Grand Master

It's a Trek! :roll:

It's carbon! :roll:

Is this a trick question? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:36 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

mechagouki wrote:
rienster wrote:

But most of all Trek = Armstrong

So UNCOOL!

This seems to be quite a pervasive attitude, and to be honest, I don't really understand it. He was 3rd in the last TDF despite being relatively ancient and riding against a field of younger riders. Bradley Wiggins came fourth and everybody thinks he's related to God.

Personally I think he's f-ing incredible on a bike (he wins MTB races too), and deserves a bit more respect. As for the issue of drugs - innocent until proven guilty I say.

Sorry for the OT rant :oops:

I'm not feeling the love for Lance ;-) either...

Don't get me wrong, I can see why people wouldn't like him, and all - but you have to say, phenomenal athlete, and has been through it, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:26 pm 
Mr Benn
Mr Benn

40/40 at the time of my vote. Could go either way. I'm not that bothered by Trek as a brand as such, but I do remember thinking those OCLV's looked different and cool. And still do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:30 pm 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

Always liked the team issue (volkswagon) version they produced,, very nice and very light , and must be cool as lance is , so I vote cool.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:41 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

Wu-Tangled wrote:
40/40 at the time of my vote. Could go either way. I'm not that bothered by Trek as a brand as such, but I do remember thinking those OCLV's looked different and cool. And still do.

Good to see the vote nice and even :lol:

I now have a OCLV very similar (if not the exact one) to that in the first picture. Very nice frame, very well made. Sadly for the seller the name was wrong so it went for less than a mid range steel Kona.

It's easy to bash Trek but they do (mostly) make their own stuff. As for lack of passion at a corporate level maybe but I suspect the engineers designing this stuff would be very passionate - if you want to make money you become a banker.

And Lance? I didn't just include the picture due to his awesome Twitter skillz :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:06 pm 
Old School Grand Master

I think some of you lot have been at that half bottle of sherry left over from Christmas!!

And John,the reason you got that Trek for the price of a mid range steel Kona is that It's worth the same as a mid range steel Kona. :roll:

Maybe I'm missing something though! Has some 'lifestyle' magazine declared cool as the new crap. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:18 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

al wrote:
And John,the reason you got that Trek for the price of a mid range steel Kona is that It's worth the same as a mid range steel Kona. :roll:

Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways Al. Of course I was forgetting the Tange MTB tubed, Taiwan made Lavadome was of course the pinnacle of mid 90s cycling technology. Who can forget the fine palmares the Lavadome enjoyed in those halycon days. Not only did it garner victories at world cup level but I also believe one was ridden into 10th place in the Fun race at Bob's Bash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:24 pm 
Old School Grand Master

John wrote:
al wrote:

Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways Al. Of course I was forgetting the Tange MTB tubed, Taiwan made Lavadome was of course the pinnacle of mid 90s cycling technology. Who can forget the fine palmares the Lavadome enjoyed in those halycon days. Not only did it garner victories at world cup level but I also believe one was ridden into 10th place in the Fun race at Bob's Bash.

Thank god someone has admitted the point has been missed!

You are not asking if the OCLV design is a worthy machine,but whether or not it is 'cool'.

I don't think it is cool. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:28 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I wanted this so bad in 1997! ...
http://www.mountainbikepage.de/ueber_mi ... _gross.jpg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next