Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:59 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Marin - Cool or Uncool?
Cool 51%  51%  [ 101 ]
Uncool 49%  49%  [ 97 ]
Total votes : 198
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:11 am 
Dirt Disciple

summerof1991 said

can't believe this was so close, I've always thought they were amongst the coolest of the big bike companies - I mean compared to Trek, Specialized, Giant. I always liked the way that even their cheapest bikes seemed capable and had similar good looks to the higher-up models.

has he never riden a bike, you can't compare Specialized with mingin, Specialized made bikes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:54 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Marin is definitely a 'cool' brand. Thing is, boutique brands like DeKerf, Merlin, Serotta are seen as unquestionable cool, yet snobs look down their noses at Marin.That's why Marin is cool.Because without brands like Marin, making proper, decent well-made well designed bikes, the Pradas and Guccis of the bike world would simply not exist. It's yer Marins, Treks, Speshes that have popularised mountain biking throughout the World, have graced World Championship podiums, circumnavigated the Globe. It's an old Marin that's used as a pub bike. Battered, neglected and uncared for.

The very name Marin, evokes one of the most significant places in mountain bike history. How many people have started off with a Marin as their first 'proper' mtb?

Marin have also concentrated on mtbs as their products, unlike Spesh and Trek (yes I know there are Marin hybrids), and the brand says mountain biking perhaps more than most of the other big manufacturers.

Marin deserve their place on the cool wall. Because a Marin is not all about 'ooh, look how niche and achingly desirable this bike is'; it's about just enjoying mountain biking.

And that has to be the coolest thing of all.

Post subject: marin trek etc
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:39 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Specalized and Trek do actually make bikes and are cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:12 am 
Dirt Disciple

My opp is cool bro.....so lean and simple, it has the way its looks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:01 pm 
Old School Hero

Yes, marin is as uncool as spinergy. :lol: And sherotta is uncool, and yeti, merlin :lol: very funny. :roll:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:58 pm 
Old School Grand Master

What can i say back in the late eighties i always wanted a Marin Bear Valley with the very cool looking two tone paint work and they were well built as far as i can remember and given time i'm going to get one because to me they've always been a cool bike unlike Cannondales which for a few years had problems with the frames snapping at the head tubes so yes i'd say their cool 100% .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18