Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:17 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Cool Wall - Spinergy Wheels
Cool 42%  42%  [ 73 ]
Uncool 58%  58%  [ 100 ]
Total votes : 173
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:16 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

No advantage so it's only for aesthetics. No thanks - seriously uncool. Would rather a pair of no name hubs on no name rims.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:28 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

For me they only suit full sus GT's, so for that reason, they are uncool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:32 pm 
Retro Guru

I raced on some of these for a season BITD and they were terrible,super flexy,heavy and the bearings didn't last long and whats with the pop-rivets holding them together?
They also used to get sticks trapped in them sending you over the bars,so not only are they uncool they also make you look like a prat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:34 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Quote:
No advantage so it's only for aesthetics. No thanks - seriously uncool. Would rather a pair of no name hubs on no name rims.

Come on man, the only reason to be into retro bikes is the aesthetics, it's the CNC'd bits and quirky designs that keep us hooked, if we were just looking for things that functioned properly we'd have one of these bland clones they're chucking out today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:39 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

RAFbikes wrote:
Quote:

Come on man, the only reason to be into retro bikes is the aesthetics, it's the CNC'd bits and quirky designs that keep us hooked, if we were just looking for things that functioned properly we'd have one of these bland clones they're chucking out today!

:lol: , good point really. Funny how other cool wall entrants have been voted cool because of their aesthetics where as these are getting voted uncool for the same reason...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:43 pm 
Retro Guru

John wrote:
RAFbikes wrote:
Quote:

:lol: , good point really. Funny how other cool wall entrants have been voted cool because of their aesthetics where as these are getting voted uncool for the same reason...

But they look sh1te :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:46 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

MJN wrote:
John wrote:
RAFbikes wrote:
Quote:

But they look sh1te :wink:

very succinctly put :lol: they are the cycling equivalent of the whale tale spoiler. Which is why they look good on GT's :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:56 pm 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

I don't think they're cool. I don't think any Carbon wheels are cool, I'm a spokes man myself, but I do have a soft-spot for a good tension disc.

I don't think the images of them are helping. That GT should be on Spins and the Corratec is too modern.

Try this:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:11 pm 

John wrote:
RAFbikes wrote:
Quote:

Ok ok :lol: Was being a bit too harsh I think. Still don't like them though :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:12 pm 
Mr Benn
Mr Benn

cool because they are relatively different. However, i think they are hideous.

Prefer Spin's. Although I think they are fairly hideous too.

Still think both are cool though.

:?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next