Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:30 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 26  Next

Cool Wall - GT Bicycles
Cool 49%  49%  [ 89 ]
OK 24%  24%  [ 44 ]
Uncool 26%  26%  [ 47 ]
Total votes : 180
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:32 am 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Retrobike HQ
Tallpaul wrote:
Are you going to recalculate all the other polls in the same way? You may find a lot just come out as ok...


No.

Yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:36 am 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Retrobike HQ
In fact perhaps it would be more valid for future cool walls to remove ok altogether and vote on whether the item was

very cool
cool
uncool
very uncool / uber lame

At least then everything wouldn't just be 'ok'. Or am I putting too much though into this :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:37 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:37 am
Posts: 4916
Under new regime:

- Proflex from Cool to OK
- Purple remains Cool
- Kona from Cool to OK
- Snowflake wheels from Cool to OK
- C-26 from Cool to OK


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:37 am 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
MJN wrote:
The harder you GT lovers try to convince us the more desperate and uncool it gets :lol:
I've nothing against GT,I even own one,but cool..... :lol:

I've nothing hugely for or against GT - never owned one, never likely to.

Regardless, I understand the concept of "cool" whether it's largely fatuous, or not. And that withstanding, GTs are most definitely cool - I've ruled on this now, I'm right, you're wrong - that's life - accept it and move on, there's nothing more to see, here...



;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:43 am 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
dbmtb wrote:
Linoleum wrote:
my '94 Karakoram is a great ride, but hesitate calling it 'cool'.

See?

No, sorry, still not getting it...
dbmtb wrote:
That pretty much sums up what I said about the Karakoram aswell.

Don't worry, don't hesitate, and don't be in denial. Your Karakoram most definitely is cool, don't trouble yourself about those people who don't understand the nature of cool - your Karakoram most definitely is.



caveat: this doesn't mean I buy into the concept of cool, you understand - I think it's a bit, well, superfluous - but if nothing else, I do know what cool is, even if I think it's a bit of a tedious concept


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:55 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Posts: 1743
Location: Peoples Republic of Scunny
Neil wrote:
MJN wrote:
The harder you GT lovers try to convince us the more desperate and uncool it gets :lol:
I've nothing against GT,I even own one,but cool..... :lol:

I've nothing hugely for or against GT - never owned one, never likely to.

Regardless, I understand the concept of "cool" whether it's largely fatuous, or not. And that withstanding, GTs are most definitely cool - I've ruled on this now, I'm right, you're wrong - that's life - accept it and move on, there's nothing more to see, here...



;-)


:roll: I guess I must bow to your superior understanding of all things 'cool' :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:13 am 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
MJN wrote:
Neil wrote:
MJN wrote:
The harder you GT lovers try to convince us the more desperate and uncool it gets :lol:
I've nothing against GT,I even own one,but cool..... :lol:

I've nothing hugely for or against GT - never owned one, never likely to.

Regardless, I understand the concept of "cool" whether it's largely fatuous, or not. And that withstanding, GTs are most definitely cool - I've ruled on this now, I'm right, you're wrong - that's life - accept it and move on, there's nothing more to see, here...



;-)

:roll: I guess I must bow to your superior understanding of all things 'cool' :lol:

Indeed you must!

You're very welcome ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:34 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20771
Location: Sol Kitts
Tallpaul wrote:
Under new regime:

- Proflex from Cool to OK
- Purple remains Cool
- Kona from Cool to OK
- Snowflake wheels from Cool to OK
- C-26 from Cool to OK



Cool 8) I think it must be pretty accurate then :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:40 am 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
kaiser wrote:
Tallpaul wrote:
Under new regime:
- Proflex from Cool to OK
- Purple remains Cool
- Kona from Cool to OK
- Snowflake wheels from Cool to OK
- C-26 from Cool to OK

Cool 8) I think it must be pretty accurate then :)

Well the purple thing is clearly wrong...



;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:05 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Posts: 1743
Location: Peoples Republic of Scunny
Neil wrote:
MJN wrote:
Neil wrote:
MJN wrote:
The harder you GT lovers try to convince us the more desperate and uncool it gets :lol:
I've nothing against GT,I even own one,but cool..... :lol:

I've nothing hugely for or against GT - never owned one, never likely to.

Regardless, I understand the concept of "cool" whether it's largely fatuous, or not. And that withstanding, GTs are most definitely cool - I've ruled on this now, I'm right, you're wrong - that's life - accept it and move on, there's nothing more to see, here...



;-)

:roll: I guess I must bow to your superior understanding of all things 'cool' :lol:

Indeed you must!

You're very welcome ;-)


:D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 26  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group