Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:46 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:35 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

here's my tentative entry. i'm gutted as i have just stripped my lava dome ready for single speed drop outs to go it, i would have loved to enter that. i feel i want to get involved this month and i am going to offer this as a mid range full sus bike. i know originally it cost more than what we consider mid range but in the spectrum of suspension i would definately say it falls mid range. it would have originally had the full black lx groupset.

to further my delence, this has been one almighty low rent build. it was all done from scrapings off the garage floor. i didnt buy a single component throughout the build. admittedly the parts will have cost something along the way but i have worlked it out to be £205

i see it as a valid entry as although a bit more costly, it was never "superbike" money but i dont want to ruffle any feathers so feel free to reject it, just let me know so i can rebuild the kona pronto!

Last edited by lewis1641 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:25 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

lewis1641 wrote:
here's my tentative entry. i'm gutted as i have just stripped my lava dome ready for single speed drop outs to go it, i would have loved to enter that. i feel i want to get involved this month and i am going to offer this as a mid range full sus bike. i know originally it cost more than what we consider mid range but in the spectrum of suspension i would definately say it falls mid range. it would have originally had the full black lx groupset.

to further my delence, this has been one almighty low rent build. it was all done from scrapings off the garage floor. i didnt buy a single component throughout the build. admittedly the parts will have cost something along the way but i have worlked it out to be £205

i see it as a valid entry as although a bit more costly, it was never "superbike" money but i dont want to ruffle any feathers so feel free to reject it, just let me know so i can rebuild the lkona pronto!

Doesn't look mid-range to me... (mainly thinking about the frame / model) <shrug>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:40 pm 
BoTM | rBoTY Winner
BoTM | rBoTY Winner

I am withdrawing my entry since there seems to be a consensus that midrange means junker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:44 pm 
PoTM Winner
PoTM Winner

At the risk of inciting the masses....I humbly submit my BOTM entry.

A mid-range Klein, with mid-range components.

Full story, better pics, and details to come when I get home from work tonight. I just finished cleaning the bike this morning and wanted to share.

a few detail shots of the LX components (John, if this is too many pics in my submission I apologize, I just thought it best if everyone could see this really is an LX bike...)

Steve

Last edited by eastcoaststeve on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:25 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:55 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

eastcoaststeve wrote:
At the risk of inciting the masses....I humbly submit my BOTM entry.

A mid-range Klein, with mid-range components.

So this is just my opinion, right?

Klein's are nothing like mid-range bikes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:09 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

post em all, let John decide what makes the cut on the 15th......
The toeclip straps on that Klein make the build. I had a set that color once.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:07 pm 
Retro Guru

I'd love to see a old GT Karakoram, one of the older ones like the red and yellow with the black splatter effect paint entered in this, sure they were lx or lower, was my dream bike as a youngster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:16 pm 
SotS Winner
SotS Winner

ape wrote:
I'd love to see a old GT Karakoram, one of the older ones like the red and yellow with the black splatter effect paint entered in this, sure they were lx or lower, was my dream bike as a youngster

That paint was called 'Tequila Sunrise' IIRC - XT/DX mix on that bike I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:31 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

ape wrote:

BITD, one of my buddies had one (this would be 92).

Don't think I ever rode it, because his was quite a bit bigger than mine. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the u brake. Distinctive and purposeful, I always thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:11 pm 
Retro Guru

Bugger well maybe something lower spec'd then like a old tequesta would get my vote lol

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next