Mountain Mayhem Retrobike Trophy & Other Prizes

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
For those who missed out on MM or who haven't followed one of the many threads (try this one ;) ) you won't know about the catchily titled "Original Source Mountain Mayhem Retrobike Trophy".

"Original Source Mountain Mayhem Retrobike Trophy".

On the showstand over the course of the weekend we held a public vote to find the 'best' bike on display. The winner was called on sunday afternoon and a presentation made in front of the masses.

Jezprize2.jpg

The winner was Jez with his RC-100. A worthy and iconic winner for sure.

"Retrobike 'Go On The Beard' trophy for a super effort at MM"

A second trophy was awarded by Retrobike. The winner of the "Retrobike 'Go On The Beard' trophy for a super effort at MM" was decided upon after 6 hours of overnight deliberation. It was decided Simod should take this most coveted of prizes due to the super effort he put in for Mr Ks team over the weekend.

SimodPrize.jpg

main.php

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I am TRULY embarrassed about this one but I must say a big thank you to 'the Guvnor', Hilts 'et al' and the Tetleys that you were drinking that obviously aided your decision! :LOL:

Personally I feel that there were many riders more deserving than myself - I can only apologise to them :!:

Tried to do my best 'Tim Davies' impression but it was a very poor attempt - and if you are reading this, Sorry Tim :oops:

As I've said in a previous post, it was a very enjoyable and sociable event - I wanted to give the 10 man team a go after normally racing in a 4 - Many thanks to Mr K for allowing me a ride.

I would recommend any of the more 'hardened' racers giving it a go - the team spirit was awesome! :)

For those of you that don't know, Mayhem held a rather nasty memory with me after a very close friend of mine destroyed his upper arm/shoulder back in 2007 after a night-time river crossing crash - this was my first time back and I was so pleased that we had no serious injuries this year - no Jez your cut knee doesn't count! :LOL: :twisted:

And yes, the head did fall off the award during the presentation :!: true Retro-style :LOL: ;)
Here he is rebuilt..........

Attachments

• S4022944.jpg
    S4022944.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,035
Tried to do my best 'Tim Davies' impression but it was a very poor attempt - and if you are reading this, Sorry Tim

got me puzzled as to what the impression was :?:

With respect, this dude was top 35 coming down the 'shute of death' at the end of the first lap of Mayhem this year (on an 18 year old re-welded shonky Ti frame ;-) )... second Retrobiker through after Geoff.

I raise a pint of cider to him, I do... :cool:

Mr K - ex Captinao

PS. He's even faster when he can't see where he's going... :LOL: ;)

Oh yes these trophies were known for the wonky heads BITD. Tiwanese rip offs of American designs that were suspect in the first place. The bodies were metric and the heads standard so were shimmed during assembly in Scunthorp Bottom plant late 93-early 94 before being heat blasted at the back end of 94 (wernt we all).
I think "Dopey" has some parts but if you want a rebuild "Wi-kid Whitch?" is the guy to go to. (Avoid "Slippy Bu-ty" never pays and slow shipping)

Go on the Beard!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

He's not brought the trophy in show us yet :roll:

:LOL:

Latest posts

Back