BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
As promised, May brings a special month. Nice and simple, each entry must have at least one u-brake or rollercam.

Useful for the poll if you can structure your nomination as follows:

username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. John's 1990 Kona Lavadome
Image(s) MAXIMUM OF 2
Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!

Nominations thread will run for the entire month. Entries submitted after May 31th will not be counted. The poll will go up shortly after the nominations close and will run for a week.

Link to competition rules: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=400256

Really nice frame. Is it from the "U brake era" or did you mount U brakes to solve a possible rear brake difficulty (and is the frame from the XT 739 period?

WimVDD":1lpx4rfc said:
Really nice frame. Is it from the "U brake era" or did you mount U brakes to solve a possible rear brake difficulty (and is the frame from the XT 739 period?

The link to the build thread is now up.

I'm pleased to say I have no idea what XT 739 period is/was.
I build my bikes with what pleases me.

al.

al":2msfn89c said:

Post 1995 as far as I remember. I was just wondering whether the frame was from early nineties (as the U brakes) or from later (the 739 XT)

al":2msfn89c said:

You better!

But nontheless: it's an iconic frame.

WimVDD":1g2qvhmy said:
al":1g2qvhmy said:

Post 1995 as far as I remember. I was just wondering whether the frame was from early nineties (as the U brakes) or from later (the 739 XT)

al":1g2qvhmy said:

You better!

But nontheless: it's an iconic frame.

From what I can recall it is an early 90's frame.

Re: Spanky22b's 1989 Saracen Trekker Comp

I'll enter early this time with my 1989 Saracen Trekker Comp i've just finished :LOL: still no idea how to add the build thread :facepalm: but it's under Trekking in that section.

Attachments

• IMG_20200505_192643.jpg
    IMG_20200505_192643.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 4,438
  • IMG_20200505_192555.jpg
    IMG_20200505_192555.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 4,438
Re: Spanky22b's 1989 Saracen Trekker Comp

Spanky22b":3n4d4omh said:
I'll enter early this time with my 1989 Saracen Trekker Comp i've just finished :LOL: still no idea how to add the build thread :facepalm: but it's under Trekking in that section.

Just right click on url bar at top of build thread page, select copy and then paste in text box of BOTM post.

I think '739' might refer to 1994 when it was the then new shiny M737 groupset.

94XT.jpg

Back