RBotM March 2019 - Open month - entries open - Enter Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Hi all
Welcome to RBotM March 2019 Open to all competition.
Better weather is here and I know there is a lot of machines being fettled ready to take advantage of the earlier than usual sunshine.
Plus there should also be all those winter projects now being finished off into complete and usable steeds ;)
So no excuse, start filling these pages with all those polished beauties, inspire others to do the same.

Usual rules apply, 1 entry per member, a couple of brief paragraphs, two photos and a link if you have one to more information, readers rides page etc.

Best of luck to all and thank you to all who support the competition.

Jamie

Re:

I've already complimented the Bianchi, but I am a stickler for details...please, especially given it's studio photo, let's have the cranks horizontal and the tyre valves at six o'clock - I'd prefer not to see a bidon and cage either, and the QRs are wrong too.

Rules.

I have a Doctorate in good taste.

Rk.

Re:

Hi,

I'll add my Pegoretti Luigino, custom built in 2015 from the same tubing Dario Pegoretti used for the pro's he used to build for as a contractor back in the 1990's, Excell Podium O/S heat treated tubing. Rides wonderfully.

Toby

Attachments

• sWtt0IUzlmleBbCU-pic-jpg.jpg
    sWtt0IUzlmleBbCU-pic-jpg.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 6,955
  • W7Xc9N5M6BErNOW8-pic-jpg.jpg
    W7Xc9N5M6BErNOW8-pic-jpg.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 6,955
Re:

Ton van Herwerden - 1966 - 2x 5 vits - 58 cm c-t. Built from Reynolds 531 tubes.
With lots of 50's and 60's parts, as Titan stem and bars (1955 and 1954) Vainqueur brakes (1963) Brooks saddle (1962), LJ simplex front mech (1961-1963), rear mech Huret Allvit (with ball bearing pulleys), Campagnolo seat post and derailleur levers (with hoods). Tubulars wheels from an later era (but still retro) 1975. Cottered steel crankset Hermesse Grand Luxe.
img_3020.jpg

img_3033.jpg

Re: Re:

JSH":19eh41g4 said:
Ok you’ve got a bite!

I sat on my hands yesterday whilst you alluded to the colour “not being far off” and now the QRs are wrong? You allegedly know this because you have an original brochure from when you were going to buy one (but didn’t)

Is there anything you’re not not an expert on? You were just as petty on last month’s competition.

I’m presenting with the bidon and even a pump - get over it! Better still, put something up yourself and i’ll critique it for you. Of course you won’t, but you will say that you may enter something really special - but you won’t say what it is or follow though and actually post anything.

You’re a bit of a forum bully and I’m calling you out on it. You have a nice evening now.

Firstly I think you like accusing me of the attributes you possess, firstly my comment was not about the colour it was about the finish; I was trying to remember how the finish was applied - I thought black over chrome (chromovelato).

As for being petty, you clearly don't wish to agree with the perfectly valid point I made in last month's competition (so you resort to using an insult) - another poster agreed so get over that: and no I didn't buy one, which is irrelevant: I ordered a frameset instead.

The QRs are wrongly positioned - fact, get over it, and I'm having a great evening thank you.

Rk.

And we’ll leave that there thank you gentleman.

What I will add is please be considerate of other people’s feelings when critiquing their pride and joy. Humility and manors from all forum members help keep this a friendly place. Thank you.

I agree, I think it's time to leave that side of the conversation there and maybe agree to disagree.
I did take the bit about the quick release etc with a bit of tongue in cheek type thing but it clearly wasn't taken that way and is now escalating when there really isn't a need for it.
Just remember Tels advice above and we'll be fine.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back