RBotM January 2019 - Open Month - Enter Now!! now...now...n.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotM January 2019!

Happy New Year! to all out in retrobike land, I think this year is going to be a big one.
Once we get going proper that is. If you have seen the announcement at the end of Decembers poll you will know that I am having a slight issue today with Flickr who host the poll photos. It for some reason wont let me upload the photos from December as it keeps saying they are invalid. hopefully that will be sorted by tomorrow.
We will also be running the RBotYear poll which will run alongside this competition. This poll will comprise the winner of each month of 2018 and will poll for 10 days. This will be up and running for the weekend as photos are already on Flickr.

This months competition is open to all with the usual rules applying, ie; 1 entry per member, 2 photos, a brief description with a link to a build page or further information if available.
Entries will be open until the last day of the month with a 5 day poll to follow to decide the winner.

So lots happening or about to, and once again I would like to thank everyone for supporting the comp each month. The continued support is what makes this such a great part of the site with some really amazing builds coming out of it.
Thanks again and sorry for the delays with the poll.

Jamie

Dibs first slot.... ;)

Build thread: Jimmy’s 1977 Claud Butler Cavalier

After playing Goldilocks with 6 slightly different sized BB axles, shes finally finished… just in time by the looks of things! ;)

And before;

Attachments

• 4854626C-2612-4214-942A-61FDCCD900B6.jpeg
    4854626C-2612-4214-942A-61FDCCD900B6.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 6,921
  • Claud Butler Cavalier 1977 (9) - Copy.jpeg
    Claud Butler Cavalier 1977 (9) - Copy.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 6,821
Re:

Happy New Year to all!

As it's an open month I'd like to add my 2011 Pegoretti Marcelo. Measured and ordered through Mosquito Cycles in London, now out of business. I built up the Pegoretti with Campagnolo 11 speed Athena alloy groupset, and a pair of Hyperon's to give it an extra lively ride. The ride is fantastic, very stiff yet compliant over rough surfaces. Very happy I bought it. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 20181229_114425_resized_1.jpg
    20181229_114425_resized_1.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 7,701
  • 20181229_114258_resized_1.jpg
    20181229_114258_resized_1.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 7,701
Re:

Campagnolo 11 speed and carbon wheels are Retro now crikey did I fall asleep.

Re: Re:

toby1974":33qq2zv5 said:
Erm, it's an Open month did it not say?

I think he's refering to this section being predomantly pre-1998 as there is a seperate section post-1998. Ergo an open competion from the dawn of bicycles till 31st Dec 1997.

But then as this (road) side of the forum isn't as well attended as the other (mucky) side, its still nice to look at pretty bikes however new they are. ;)

Happy New Year!

Assuming a TT bike is ok to add?
The bike was started by my dad, who didn't get chance to finish it. I finished it last year with the parts I think he'd have liked. So a bit of a joint effort.

As near as we could, it's a Super Confex/Yoko/Colnago 1988 TT bike.

Build thread: Colnago Master Krono

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 7,547
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 7,547
Just clicked on the build thread, very well finished. I’m sure he’d approve. I’d certainly want my son to finish off anything I might leave behind.

Proper job.

Re: Re:

toby1974":3o5tpvnb said:
Happy New Year to all!

As it's an open month I'd like to add my 2011 Pegoretti Marcelo. Measured and ordered through Mosquito Cycles in London, now out of business. I built up the Pegoretti with Campagnolo 11 speed Athena alloy groupset, and a pair of Hyperon's to give it an extra lively ride. The ride is fantastic, very stiff yet compliant over rough surfaces. Very happy I bought it. Enjoy!
loving the braided cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back