BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
A few days into November already, let's just keep this a normal month. Next month will be a theme of some sort.

Useful for the poll if you can structure your nomination as follows:

username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. John's 1990 Kona Lavadome
Image(s) MAXIMUM OF 2
Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!

12 entry maximum this month. Nominations thread will run for the entire month OR until the maximum number of entries is reached - whichever happens first. The poll will go up shortly after the nominations close and will run for a week.

Noka78's 1989 American M-16

I had a lot of fun with this buildup and finished it this year. The olive anodized frame color with the font of the decals implied a army theme to me - so the red hammerhead should be interpreted like a nose art concept on the worldwar fighter. enjoy!

My parts highlights with this build are: Hammerhead, Bontrager fork, Ringle QRs in olive, Avitar chain rings, GX26 rims (brown anodized), front Extreme tire in 2.5 and found a original American brake hanger

more pics
https://fotos.mtb-news.de/s/86875?limit=60

buildup-thread
http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/american ... my.869689/

cheers Norman

Brilliant Norman. A green M16 was always high up my list of wants

Re:

Lid's 89 Trimble Inverse 4

This is my Trimble with Roo bar and stem from 89. There is a pic/build thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=390820

Enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_2754 (1).jpg
    IMG_2754 (1).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 9,125
  • IMG_2735 (1).jpg
    IMG_2735 (1).jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 9,125
Super strong start Norman! Love the build thread! :) No need for me to use Google translate thanks to the huge amount of pictures you've posted.

Great work and end result with a nice mix of components!

Really liking the American. I wish i could a gear hanger for mine... :facepalm:

Back