RBoTM October 2018 - Theme: 1980 - 1999 Enter Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to the long awaited finale to our theme months covering 20 year periods of cycling history.
This months; 1980 - 1999

They have all been very well received and greatly supported with some really very high standard entries. Great to see a lot of these bikes that don't normally get shown off. As well as seeing some great bicycles from all corners of the cycling spectrum there has been a lot of talk and information being discussed and generally shared about some special rides, bikes and people. Always a good read as well as a visual treat.

And so it is on with what will most likely be the last in this series for a while, the long awaited time period from 1980 through to 1999. If it's from this period then it's in. So dust them off and get a couple of photos along with a brief description and post it up to share with the rest of us. This weekend is meant to be sunny ;)
If you have a build page on readers rides or a blog/website page for it then by all means put a link in so people can find out more if they want.
I am working on getting a little something for this months winner so stayed tuned.

Rules are simple, 1 entry per member made up of 2 photos with a brief description and maybe a link to more information.
Nominations will run through to the end of the month with a 5 day poll to decide the winner.

Best of luck to all

Jamie

Attachments

• Claud Butler Majestic 1984.jpeg
    Claud Butler Majestic 1984.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 8,710
  • Claud Butler Majestic  (5).jpeg
    Claud Butler Majestic (5).jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 8,710
My 1987 Peugeot Premiere
Another of my workhorses. Some may say low end and not worth a respray and rebuild. See build thread to see if you agree.

Attachments

• 4AF29245-97B4-43E6-B5D3-EF63396E6036.jpeg
    4AF29245-97B4-43E6-B5D3-EF63396E6036.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 8,683
  • 530267B2-0E06-4DE5-B06E-0A69053D0A31.jpeg
    530267B2-0E06-4DE5-B06E-0A69053D0A31.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 8,683
It has to be the Arthur Caygill doesnt it, but no, lets have the 1986 Tange Champion No.5 Japan built Elswick Stag

Dont tell anyone but its 9spd. Shhhhh!

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=382657&hilit=elswick

file.php

Good start... :D looks like we might get more than 5 this month! :cool:

Well as it’s a special month.....

Thm’s 1982 Raleigh Gran Sport

Restored from barn find and paint matched by hand for Jaffa cakes.

Attachments

• AC9FD088-90A7-4212-B1CB-301BD9D1A355.jpeg
    AC9FD088-90A7-4212-B1CB-301BD9D1A355.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 8,666
The History Man":l24pi0qw said:

Are you sure you don’t need a hop-up to get on that? :shock: :LOL:

PeachyPM":c2kd52fa said:
The History Man":c2kd52fa said:

Are you sure you don’t need a hop-up to get on that? :shock: :LOL:

there's enough steel there to build two of my frames ;)
I agree we are off to a good start, though I did have a feeling that this months would be popular. While last months was low on entries it was certainly high on quality with the number of votes well up as well. Quality not quantity ;)

Jamie

Another high standard month. Gulp!!!

I had to think quite hard about this month becasue I couldn't think of anything completely finished that I could guarantee fitted in the time frame. I've got the Lejeune I did in the summer but I think that's late 70's, or I've got the paint your wagon bike with no name but that I reckon might be this century and pretty much everything else I have is either 1950's to late 70's or 2000's on. The only other thing I have that fits is my Retromod Holdsworth Elan but as it's a Retromod it's parts aren't all period.

So enter my Look KG96 and up until very recently the most modern bike I owned. I bought this a couple of years ago as an almost complete bike but with a very odd mix of parts on it. I collected together a group of mid 90's Campag bits to go on it, stripped it all down, cleaned everything to death and then re assembled it, and I've not been anywhere near this one with a rattle can.

It's now one of my favourite bikes to ride, with this being the first carbon framed bike I've had any real time with it alwasy strikes me how much nicer it is to ride than all the alloy framed bikes I've owned or ridden so this one's most definitely a keeper.

Long term I may modernise it a bit with a 9 or 10 speed rear and later 90's brifters but that's about it as it's pretty much perfect for me as it is.

Attachments

• Look2.jpg
    Look2.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 8,561
  • Look.jpg
    Look.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 8,561
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back