RBotM June 2018 - Theme- 1940 to 1959 - Poll Open! Vote Now!

RBotM June 2018 - Theme- 1940 to 1959 - Poll

• legrandefromage - 1952 Hill Special

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • The History Man - 1953 Armstrong Moth

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • PeachyPM - 1954 Claud Butler Jubilee Special

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Spokesmann - 1958 Carlton All Chrome

• bagpuss - 1950/51 Paris Galibier

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Sand_Dune - 1952 A.S Gillott

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
RBotM June 2018 - Theme - 1940 to 1959
Poll now open.
Some great entries this month once again and after a heading a bit askew mid month we are once again back on track.
We had a huge effort to finish a build as well as a late entry to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, all this alongside the rest of a stellar field of really significant historic cycles, so some hard decisions to be made this month.
Usual rules apply, and these can be found in detail in the WIKI section but basically:
Poll will run for 5 days, results will be hidden until the end, one vote per member, so make it count ;)
Thanks to all for supporting the comp through entries, votes, banter and encouragement etc. Everyone is welcome here and their input is welcome.

Thanks and best of luck to all nominations.

Jamie

legrandefromage - 1952 Hill Special
LGF1952 Hill Special by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

The History Man - 1953 Armstrong Moth
THM1953ArmstrongMoth1 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

PeachyPM - 1954 Claud Butler Jubilee Special
PeachyPm1955ClaudButlerJubileeSpecial by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Spokesmann - 1958 Carlton All Chrome
Spokesmann 1958Carlton All Chrome by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

bagpuss - 1950/51 Paris Galibier
bagpuss 1950ParisGalibier by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Sand_Dune - 1952 A.S Gillott
SandDune52Gillot by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Now that is what I call a line-up, every one of them stunning. :cool:

Re:

This is going to be another month where I struggle to remember who I voted for because they're all classy machines. Great selection!

Re:

I was going to enter this month but because of some unpleasantness from another member decided to exclude myself and my rather lovely Hobbs of Barbican.

Therefore I trust I'm allowed an informed comment about the entries - having been a member of the V-CC for three decades (makes me an old git !), and I've just been asked to write for a well known website a piece on a famous builder.

I can't vote for the Hill Special, I like THMs Moth as it has an interesting back story - I like history. Peachy's CB is nice and green and Spokesmann's Carlton is very nice too. The Paris is lovely but I just don't like them - never have (despite Bagpuss's Wife making me a lovely bag). The Gillot shouldn't be there, a 1952 frame with modern components compromises the competition and the other entries - it's a restomod.

My vote goes to Peachy's Claud, despite it's provenance and because of his attention to detail, plus it's the best composition by far.

Rk.

Re: Re:

roadking":3u8une7q said:
The Gillot shouldn't be there, a 1952 frame with modern components compromises the competition and the other entries - it's a restomod.

My vote goes to Peachy's Claud, despite it's provenance and because of his attention to detail, plus it's the best composition by far.

Rk.

Thanks for the positive comments on my build RK, much appreciated. :D

It's a shame the Gillot didn’t get entered into April's Retromod themed month, it defiantly would have got my vote as it is a beautiful frame with, I think, a well-balanced set of modern equipment and a great build thread. But yes, possibly not quite what this date specific theme is about. :?: (still lovely to look at though) :cool:

roadking":1gpp1paw said:

Rk.
have to admit, I went for that one too. Great colour, nice lines, simple componentry

PeachyPM":3l1zzy5r said:
It's a shame the Gillot didn’t get entered into April's Retromod themed month, it defiantly would have got my vote as it is a beautiful frame with, I think, a well-balanced set of modern equipment and a great build thread. But yes, possibly not quite what this date specific theme is about. :?: (still lovely to look at though) :cool:

Thank-you for the nice comments! I think it's a fair comment - she is a retro build! ;)
The other entrants are all fantastic bicycles.....each deserves to win.

There was an April retro-mod competition?????? 'Should've gone to specsavers!'

I did ponder entering my '54 Gillott but it's yet to be renovated so decided against...save him for another day.

Good luck guys!

Sand_Dune

Best you post some more then. RK- it was a labour of love. Composition was set 65 years ago. Thanks for the kind words.

Bikes were once utilitarian and for many they were the only source of transport. They were a forever changing palette of oily parts and bits as paint got chipped and weathered. Sometimes its nice to to see a bit of original unrestored stuff now and again, something that looks as if its just been lent up outside a pub wall while its owner has a quick half.

The Hill had been left to rot in a shed with a 'restomod' from the late 70's, I think thats where I'll go with it next, I like the Huret Svelto but cant be doing with cotter pins. However I do like the Dia-Compe stuff thats available at the moment such as centre pulls and to match the levers it already has so it may just have to have some nice retro modern parts thrown at it. It certainly deserves it.

Cant decide where the vote goes yet and as for the MIA 'lovely' Hobbs, surely that would have received a nod if it had been entered.

Back