RBotM May 2018 - Open Month - Nominations Now Open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
RBotM May 2018 - Open Month - Nominations Now Open.

As it says on the tin, nominations are now open for this months comp. Open month this month which means any and all welcome, with the exception of previous non theme month RBotM winners.
We have had some really great entries this year and hopefully that will continue, it's also a great way to show what you've been riding and building etc.

Usual rules apply and these can be found in the WIKI section but basically, 1 entry per member, include 2 photos and a brief description and a link to a build page or somewhere for further and more detailed info if you have that.

Thanks and best of luck to all.

Jamie

Here is my 'Holdsworth' Claud Butler Majestic 1984.
I know she's not a classic lightweight, but I promised myself a trip down teenage memory lane and this was the result and a very welcome side effect of starting it was to have my son rebuild a bike along side me! Here's the build thread; viewtopic.php?f=12&t=379996
She rides great, just how I remember from 35 years ago.
Here is the build spec and final photos;
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=382997

One last thing... I've swapped out the close ratio 6 speed with a catalogue correct 28t 5 speed Regina freewheel (I needed a little more help up the hills)

Attachments

• CB80'sMajetic (1).jpg
    CB80'sMajetic (1).jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 8,865
  • Claud Butler Majestic 1984 a.jpeg
    Claud Butler Majestic 1984 a.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 8,865
Let’s make up the numbers then. Edit: Updating my pictures to show current state as got rid of the aero this morning plus new tapeand went for a ride.

Thm’s 1982 Raleigh Gran Sport.

Lovely day for it.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_25e.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_25e.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 9,083
  • fullsizeoutput_261.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_261.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 9,039
Three lovely bicycles so far and all for the taller gentleman by the looks of it :) and THM I don't think you could ever say that that Gran Sport was just making up the numbers.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":3r3eshnz said:
Three lovely bicycles so far and all for the taller gentleman by the looks of it :) and THM I don't think you could ever say that that Gran Sport was just making up the numbers.

Jamie

This should have been a big frame special month! :shock:

I had a gut feeling THM would bring out the Gran Sport....... I'll get me coat..... :cry:

I'd like to put forward my Joe Waugh (Dave Yates built) Reynolds 753 in original Holdsworth orange. Came frame & fork only with a Mavic SSC BB and headset and so I rebuilt it with a full Mavic SSC Groupset including Mavic handlebars and Stem. Choice of Nisi or Mavic Gel 280 tubular wheels on Super Record hubs. A wonderful ride too!

Build thread

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=382349

Attachments

• P1090079a.JPG
    P1090079a.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 9,125
  • P1090086a.JPG
    P1090086a.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 9,125
Re:

Not a chance of winning but a rare Columbus Max tubed/ lugged Arthur Caygill from around 1994 with thoroughly modern equipment

file.php

file.php

Re:

Vianelli Mexico
Gilco style Columbus tubing
Campagnolo Super Record

Attachments

• Vianelli Mexico - 1.jpg
    Vianelli Mexico - 1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 9,005
  • Vianelli Mexico - 4.jpg
    Vianelli Mexico - 4.jpg