BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
Just a normal month for April but I won't give up on the themed competitions. Will try another next month.

Useful for the poll if you can structure your nomination as follows:

username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. John's 1990 Kona Lavadome
Image(s) MAXIMUM OF 2
Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!

12 entry maximum this month. Nominations thread will run for the entire month OR until the maximum number of entries is reached - whichever happens first. The poll will go up shortly after the nominations close and will run for a week.

Great build Kay and the usual great pics :cool:

Re:

Hi, Ibis 1989 with a new dress

(Ibis frame / Koski fork / Nitto / Shimano / Panaracer/ American classic / Salsa / Modolo...)

Philippe

We’re off to a flyer this month!

Wow! It’s going to be another tough month! Great stuff :)

Re:

To mark the passing of Highpath Engineering founder David Wrath-Sharman I would like to enter my 1981 700c Geoff Apps' Range-Rider. Though it would be more appropriate to enter a Highpath bike, mine are covered in mud at this time of year. This was the bike that established the Cleland Aventura design that inspired David to start making bicycles.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=382072

This prototype is arguably the most influential of British made mountain bikes. Not only did it establish the aesthetic for the derivative designs from Cleland Cycles, Highpath Engineering and English Cycles, its creation eventually led to the creation of a whole new class of mountain bike the 29er.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8syt59gK65o

Restoration and history thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=382308

Attachments

• 1981 700c Geoff Apps Range-Rider 1.jpg
    1981 700c Geoff Apps Range-Rider 1.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 10,189
  • 1981 700c Geoff Apps Range-Rider 2.jpg
    1981 700c Geoff Apps Range-Rider 2.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 10,189
Re:

Hi,

Here is one suggestion. This is my 1997 Nakamura Summit that has never been ridden and is still 100% with its original parts. Just one example of the treasures that can be found from non-bikers garages as "junk metal"!

p5pb15781734.jpg

p5pb15781724.jpg

Here is the parts list and some other close ups: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=382436

Latest posts

Back