Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:37 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:57 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Attachment:
File comment: The frame as purchased.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg [ 371.44 KiB | Viewed 1283 times ]
I'm going to come at this a bit left of centre since competing with that Colnago is not something you want to do on a level playing field! So here goes, frame purchased and now being refurbished by Brian Rourke in Stoke prior to a rebuild. The "winter project" was identifying the frame, the race team, the builder and the pro-rider so the frame can be correctly restored. Given there was hardly any info on the web at the time, it took a lot of online research including purchasing old rider cards from Spain, as well as following every possible strand of information, The result? -this blog/website where all the related info has been collated: welcome to the MODUCEL pro cycling Team which included National Road Championship winners "Super Sid" Barras and Isle of Man rider the "Pocket Rocket" Steve Joughin. Enjoy a ride back to the 80s!

https://moducel.wordpress.com/

Attachments:
File comment: The very same frame as it looked and the basis for the refurb/ rebuild.
cc Sid Barras 1985 Sealink.jpg
cc Sid Barras 1985 Sealink.jpg [ 109.22 KiB | Viewed 1283 times ]

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:37 am 
r.B.o.T.M. & P.o.T.M. Winner
r.B.o.T.M. & P.o.T.M. Winner

1983 Colnago Arabesque 30th Anniversary model, with full 30th Anniversary groupset. I
Its now done at 200km since the restoration including last months Colnago Masters ride in Melbourne.

Loving that & could get to see that in the flesh in the future......

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:24 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Quote:
1983 Colnago Arabesque 30th Anniversary model, with full 30th Anniversary groupset.

Ooh,sheer black magic !

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:27 am 
Dirt Disciple

Winter project – thought I’d better take some photos outside in the snow in York, between the flurries. Some beautiful other bikes, here's some summer colour.

Not quite finished yet, still waiting for the right length Modolo stem, but have taped up the bars and fixed the cables so you can see what it looks like: the slack in the cables is to allow me to compensate for the longer stem, assuming I eventually find one, before final trimming.

Interesting to build with something not Campag or Shimano, good to explore new stuff. The frame is Reynolds 708 (the one with the internal flanges running lengthways) built in 1993 as a team bike but unused. Sachs New Success groupset from same period with all parts marked accordingly, but not all quite as it seems: Sachs NS front and rear changers, Sachs NS chainset (made by Thun), Sachs levers (made by Campag); Sachs NS hubs and freewheel with Rigida rims; Sachs NS brakes (made by Modolo); Stronglight headset, bars and stem Modolo and I just had to go with the splash handlebar tape. Miche seatpost and one of Spa’s leather saddles – these look good, ride well and reasonably long-lasting (but not as comfortable or resilient as Brooks for me).

This has not been taken outside yet, apart from just now, but on the turbo the shifters feel very crisp and clean.

Build thread viewtopic.php?f=23&t=378076

Attachment:
P1010581.JPG
P1010581.JPG [ 315.34 KiB | Viewed 1213 times ]

Attachment:
P1010590.JPG
P1010590.JPG [ 422.29 KiB | Viewed 1213 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:20 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Oh, one special bike above ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:17 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Hello all
I am sorry the poll is not up yet. It's due to a serious illness with my mother in law and having to split my time between Caithness and Glasgow area the last three or four weeks. Unfortunately I had to head down just as the poll should have gone up and with this being my first internet available for a couple of days means the poll will go up tomorrow night (Monday) when I get home. I only have a couple of minutes here on this machine.
Apologies once again but poll will be up in the next day or so.

Jamie

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2