Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
RBotM NOVEMBER - OPEN MONTH - ENTRIES NOW OPEN

As it says OPEN month for November. Anything goes as long as its a retro road bike :)
Usual rules as in: 1 entry per member, 2 photos and a brief description. You may nominate someone else's machine but you must have their permission.

Hopefully it will all run smooth this month and if anyone does have a problem with the comp, for whatever reason then please message me directly. This stems from a bit of negative stuff going on in the background last month.
So just enjoy being a part of it or enjoy looking at all the lovely machines that come out of the woodwork each month. Its all a bit of fun.

Cheers and best of luck.
Jamie

Ok Jamie, might as well get the ball rolling. Here is my 1980 Carlton Pro am gate... OK its big, but it handles superbly, rides like a pro. Smooth, fast and I love it. I bought this over 5 years ago and only got around to sprucing this baby up finally this year.

25" frame, 12-speed Suntour, 531 main tube frame. Near the end of Carlton production and one of their top two bikes back in the late 70s/early 80s. Seem to be plenty around, most seem to have been trashed or badly modded.

P9126454_zpsujbzxw9o.jpg

P9126443_zpshprlagce.jpg

Its all pretty original save for wheels and saddle. I think the new wheel set brings this old bird bang up to date...

Re:

beautiful bike you got there - I like the genuine look and the subtle updates. I used to have one of those Velo plush saddles on my touring bike. Served me well for a long time.

Here's my contribution. My somewhat finished 1936 New Hudson Carmine Club Model restoration project. Recently added Weinmann Type 730 rear brake

Attachments

• WP_20161110_13_14_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161110_13_14_30_Pro.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 10,950
  • WP_20161028_12_06_07_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161028_12_06_07_Pro.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 10,950
Re:

I think they're North Roads. At least they look like it; they've got a moustache shape with a slight drop. Material is chrome plated steel, nothing fancy. I shall post a pic tomorrow [done]

Not many entries so far, mine's more retro style rather than period correct.
It's an SBDU Raleigh frameset from 1986 with a modern drive train.
Paint is original, half yellow, half red.
Originated in Holland and has a riders initials (JAJ) on the bottom bracket.
I like to think it might stand for Johannes Adrianus Janssen (though he retired professionally a few years earlier).

Attachments

• IMG_2.jpg
    IMG_2.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 10,727
  • IMG_1.jpg
    IMG_1.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 10,727
Re:

Here's my Dutch beauty ;)

It's an early 90's Gazelle Champion Mondial AB with Reynolds 531c tubing and dressed in Shimano 600 throughout. It has the original paint, I suspect it was a special color scheme for Sporthuis Hubert, a bike shop with great heritage in Sint Willebrord, Netherlands, where this one apparently originates from judging by the stickers on its rear stays.

Rides like a dream, too bad the road bike season is over here in Finland... Luckily it looks nice in the livingroom as well. :D
rdnPAyh.jpg

oKKvfOH.jpg

qxiZAIb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back