RBotM - OCTOBER - AUTUMN - Tie Breaker - Cancelled

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
RBotM - OCTOBER - AUTUMN - Tie Breaker - 2 Day Poll!

After another great month with a very competitive field it came down to a tie break between myself (Jamiedyer) and The History Man, Mercian v's Overbury's.

As the Highlander said 'There can be only one' and hence the quickfire 2 day poll.
Self explanatory really, but to be clear; the poll will run for 48 hours with voting open to all members. results will be hidden until the end of voting.
Thanks again to all who entered the competition and to all who support it.

Jamie

The History Man - Overbury's
The History Man - Overbury's by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Jamiedyer - Mercian, King of Mercia
jamiedyer - Mercian KoM by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

EDIT ****
Hello and apologies for the late withdrawal of the tie break poll.
It has been pulled after discussion both here and behind the scenes as there seemed to be a bit of confusion about whether it was about the bike or the autumn theme as well as other issues with it being a tie break rather than the usual draw declared. The theme of Autumn was maybe not thoroughly thought out by myself beforehand.
Due to these concerns as it was never something for people to get too serious about, the October RBotM has been declared a draw, after the original poll. This was discussed with The History Man himself so not a decision taken myself without consultation. (This is a democratic dictatorship after all )
So many thanks from myself and many congratulations to The History Man for his win as well Its also maybe no coincidence that two similar looking British racing Green, retro British bikes were evenly tied.
Thanks to everyone who entered, voted, contributed to the polls discussion and to all for their support. Cheers.
And as was mentioned in a discussion and I wholeheartedly agree with the fitting sentiment, its a bike competition, not a cure for cancer

Jamie

Re: RBotM - OCTOBER - AUTUMN - Tie Breaker - 2 Day Poll!

This voting sucks as i can only vote for one :facepalm: ..

Its about Autumn & the boneyard did it for me

Well, that's a bit of an issue. Is it about autumn or the bike? RBOM or BOTM themed competitions usually refer to the type or something else bike related. Otherwise they should be POTM competitions. Nicest bike or nicest photos?

The original brief asked something about what have you built/done this autumn.

Hilarydyer should be investigated by the FBI! Are these pictures on his home server? I thought so. This election is rigged! I'm with Trump!

If i win I'll build a wall around all branches of halfords and evans. All will have Jobs in local bike shops..........

Time for my medication...

I'm with THM. The system is rigged. These photos are swaying people's votes. Hahaha!

I've voted to drain the swamp.

Good luck Jase!

Re:

What do the rules say here.....

I'm sure over in the MTB section the spoils have been shared in the past when the result is a draw.

Therefore out of protest I'm abstaining.

Nob":2a6vtz0b said:
Its about Autumn & the boneyard did it for me

as per THM its RBotM and NOT POTM ^^^ otherwise I'd be firmly in your camp here Nob
would make a life alot easier if it was :D

I hope you can afford all those building materials THM :LOL: ..

It is RB(IKE)otM with an autumnal theme and that can be interpreted however you would like. It may mean many things to many people, and unlike Lance, it is all about the bike.
We have had lots of differing styles of pics which shows the varying styles but all with a bicycle as the centre piece. This went from Mikes Carlton on a orange leaf covered road through to Jons PhilBrook autumn build.
I ran the tie breaker as we have done in the past as it seemed fairer, especially as I am involved in the outcome. I did enter but never thought about coming close to a win, but if this seems a bit inappropriate, someone please say as I have no problems withdrawing.
As for the files being kept on my hard drive, what hard drive? Without pictures, it never existed ;)

Jamie

It does seem a little odd to have pics in rBOTM where you can barely see the bike. In those circumstances what are you voting for?

Re:

Fair comment buddy, maybe we're taking things far to seriously and I respect you point of view

To be honest I voted for the Kirk first time round, but will now cast my vote in this ballot

all the best

Spud (recent road convert)

***Edit
this was aimed at Jamie however in the process of writing THM replied

Back