RPotM SEPTEMBER - nominations open - What I did this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
RPotM September - What I did this summer!

That's a description that's open to interpretation.
It could be a build, a ride, a lovely landscape, its up to you :D

Post 1 picture and a brief description. 1 entry per member
Entries open until last day of the month and then winner to be decided by a 5 day poll.
Hope everyone enjoyed their summer and has a pic to share ;)

Jamie

Re:

This summer I did my biannual tip from my home in the South West to my ancestral home on the Isle of Mull, Argyll.

I go there to love the place, cycle, visit the graves of relatives and friends and to generally recharge.

I rode the 'short' route of the Isle of Mull Cyclosportive on the Sunday, 70k and 1150 metres of climbing. For the rest of the week I rode, walked and visited different parts of the island.

I cannot do justice with a camera, so the best I can manage is a little of the atmosphere.

DSCN1201_zpsvmx9rrov.jpg

Very Lovely Neil :)
Am partial to Mull myself having ridden it regularly as when I first came to the UK I lived in Oban for a good few years.

Jamie

Re:

I love it up there Jamie, but have never had the opportunity to live there or even on the mainland, so I remain a visitor and the sportive on the first Sunday in June is the perfect reason to spend a week back on Mull.

Getting out and about more and further on the bikes, enjoying the delights of Dartmoor...
P9106415_zpsgvazzd9c.jpg

(Not on a Carlton on this occasion!)

Re:

Just back from a week in Wales, Abergavenny area.

Today's road ride report to come later.

View from the top of the Tumble. 10% for 6km, as the sign at the top said. Didn't realise it was a 'known' climb, until I saw that! Just saw a challenge from the other side of the valley, on Sugar Loaf. It was a real grovel with a bottom gear of 39 x 23, but I made it.

New cassette with a 26 is on the way! :LOL:

IMG_0565 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back