RPotM JULY - SHIMANO MONTH - NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN -

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
July is Shimano theme month for RPotM

Last theme was Campagnolo so this month its Shimano's turn in the spotlight.
(and, yes, as discussed previously the rest of the world will follow ;) )

Pretty simple for RPotM you need to enter a photo of a Shimano component, accessory, frame etc. Virtually anything Shimano except a full bike, as that is covered in this months BotM competition.

For rules, just basic common sense ones really, you must own the piece you are submitting a photo of, or at least have the permission of the owner, as with the bikes, if its currently for sale then can't be entered.

Nominations will run until midnight on the last day of the month, or there abouts, and then a poll will run for five days.
The Campagnolo month was huge so come on all fans of the big Shimano and get those spares, coveted polished pieces etc photographed and entered.
Thanks and best of luck

Jamie

Here you go then. My polished first Gen rear Dura-Ace brake caliper, Part of a complete groupset i am using on the Pat Hanlon.

600 Arabesque downtube shifters on my Paramount tourer
complete with beetle. One of the nicest if not the nicest group set shimano did (IMHO)

Attachments

• 20160613_143447.jpg
    20160613_143447.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 11,425
stevevw":2e48ixy9 said:
Here you go then. My polished first Gen rear Dura-Ace brake caliper, Part of a complete groupset i am using on the Pat Hanlon.

Have you got the shoes round the wrong way?

Dura AX stem - very nicely engineered & was on my Bates when first built.

Montello":1nd2n28v said:
stevevw":1nd2n28v said:

Have you got the shoes round the wrong way?

No they have none replaceable rubbers, closed both ends so universal fit. What do you Campagnolo boy's know anyway ;)

By way of totally off-topic hijack, I can't help noticing that stevevw's Pat Hanlon has a noticeably off-centre brake-mounting hole. I have a 1975 mystery frame with the same feature, and in the same direction- more than a mm over to driveside. Accident or design? Is this an identifying feature of a certain framebuilder? And/or an attempt at compensating for the lopsided geometry of side-pulls?

This is on a 531db frame that is otherwise true and symmetrical, as I assume stevevw's Hanlon is, so I'd reckon the chances of it being accidental to be small. How common is this? Anyone else got one?

stevevw":2u8nx0kh said:
No they have none replaceable rubbers, closed both ends so universal fit. What do you Campagnolo boy's know anyway ;)

So when your pads are worn out you have to replace the pad AND the shoe? Throw away society :(

I'm not sure if this is about the best quality photo, most unusual part, or something else, but here's mine: probably one of the most well known of the shimano rear mechs - Dura Ace 7402 (with matching 8 speed cassette in the pic too), as seen on my Caygill

foz's Dura Ace 7402 rear mech:
DSCN7659.jpg

Back