Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
July is Shimano theme month for RBotM

Last theme was Campagnolo so this month its Shimano's turn in the spotlight.
(and, yes, as discussed previously the rest of the world will follow ;) )

Pretty simple for BotM you need to enter a bike that is equipped with something Shimano on it, as with the Campagnolo, it doesn't have to be a full groupset.
This months theme also runs alongside the PotM competition, so get those spares out and pictured as well. :)

Rules are simple and are listed in the Wiki but basically you need to nominate your machine and a brief paragraph to describe it and two pictures only. You can nominate someone else's machine but you must have their permission beforehand. The other main one is that if the machine is currently for sale then its not allowed.

Nominations will run until midnight on the last day of the month, or there abouts, and then a poll will run for five days.
The Campagnolo month was huge so come on all fans of the big Shimano and get those machines entered.
Thanks and best of luck

Jamie

My Pat Hanlon running mainly Crane/Dura-Ace 1st generation group with later 7200 shifters and later still seatpin, headset and pedals. Frameset given to me by a good friend who found it just too small for him. Refinished exactly as it came from Pat Hanlon using original transfers.

Re:

Well, as entries are a bit thin on the ground so far this month, I will re-enter my Dave Lloyd.

Build thread: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... dave+lloyd

The Shimano bits are the Titlist rear mech, early 600 brakes and shift levers.

Furst%20Ride_zpslh0wfyxq.jpg

FIN0093_zps24qgj3sp.jpg

Thanks for the lovely entries so far :)
Certainly high quality for sure but we are somewhat lacking the quantity that the Campagnolo month had ;)
Get in the shed and dig far and dig deep, get the polish or leave the patina.

Jamie

Re:

If it's patina you want, here's my original paint '79 RIH with mostly early Dura Ace, AX handlebars, later headset and pedals.

Attachments

• 20160715_155328-sm.jpg
    20160715_155328-sm.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 11,477
I'll put this in, Raleigh 653 Castorama with a few mods (pump peg removed and number plate mount added). Full Shimano 600 Ultegra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back