RBotM May - Campagnolo! - nominations now open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
RBotM May - Campagnolo!

This months theme was suggested by several members and will be followed at some stage by its Japanese nemesis.
But for this month its all Campagnolo, while it is a fine maker of components, this is RBike of the Month, so it is all about the bike equipped with these fine components and obviously the more they compliment and work together the better it may be.
Saying that there is a fair bit of room for interpretation here as it needs a bicycle and something Campagnolo :!:

Usual rules, two photos, one entry per member ( full rules can be found in the Wiki section)
Nominations will run until the last day of the month with a five day poll to follow.
Apologies for the late start this month :roll:
Best of luck to all.

Jamie

Re:

Should there also be a European (non campag) RBotM so that the (sadly obsolete ) French and Spanish manufacturers get a look in? There's some lovely bikes on here with Mavic and Zeus etc bits that are equally lovely as the big two and it would be nice to have a month celebrating these smaller groupset manufacturers. Particularly so because they are so rare.
If there already is one and I just haven't noticed then sorry in advance.

James, there will be a month, inclusive, for all other manufacturers further down the line, worldwide, not just European. Campagnolo and Shimano are the most common and the rest will go into one separate month.
There is no huge favouritism or intentional exclusion. If the smaller, rarer manufacturers get a month each it will, a, most likely kill off bike of the month due to a risk of minimal entries and b, it will take the next few years before we have a different theme :)
Its just something a bit different to keep interest up, and I do agree that there is some really lovely small production components on the forum that border on art, but sadly like a huge percentage of the bikes, they wont ever be entered for the competition.
This was suggested by a couple of people and I decided to run it as RBotM as I would rather see the component, and it does just have to be one piece, not a whole groupset on a bike rather than run it as picture of the month and just have a picture of a component on its own.
The theme months run every other month with the alternate being a general open type competition. We will see how this month goes and whether there is enough interest, if there's no interest or people don't think its any good then we can just move it to picture of the month and carry on as normal.
Ideas and comments on how to develop and bring interest back to RBotM always welcome, just post or drop me a line :)

Jamie

Re:

Carlton International Circa 1950's

Carlton International by rebalrid, on Flickr

The front & rear mechs are Campagnolo Gran Sport . Both hubs are small flange early Campagnolo nut fitting.
Willams Chainset.
I have changed the gears several times on this bike .Started off with Simplex then Cyclo . Finally to the present Campagnolo set up .

Must be fitted to a bike guys as it is still Bike of the Month. The hint is in the title.
So to be clear, its Campagnolo fitted to a bike :)
Maybe I will run a concurrent Campagnolo PotM competition. How does that sound? A Campagnolo RBotM and a RPotM, and then the same with Shimano and the others?
Otherwise this is going to get a mix of components rather than bike pics.
No more components only! ;)

Jamie

Bit of fun - 1974 Norman Fay. Record seatpost and headset - honest!!

off_road_norman_902.jpg

I'll put in my own Low Pro that I did all my PB's on when I raced in the early 80's. In a private 10 I managed to go Sub 20 min back in August 87.

In its current guise it has the Campagnolo Ghibli Discs & the VERY RARE 600C Ghibli front that took me 3 years to get one & the one here was brand new & unused. Campagnolo 55T SR Chain Ring & Rear Mech + a 9 speed Campag Ghibli cassette. SR Headset

bates3_zps9bf1485d.jpg

White Benotto Tape was added later

egbates8_zps1f43dbd8.jpg

more on the link below

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... =E+G+Bates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back