Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Hi everyone
First off, thank you for a great month last month and hopefully this comp will continue to grow.
This months theme is: PROJECTS
That's a very open/ vague type description and its open to your interpretation as well.
I envision that this will encompass any Road project your working on, whether its a slow build up of a frame, a polishing job on a crankset, brakes etc, a welding repair, repaint etc. Doesn't matter whether you are starting, about to start, halfway through or just finished. Stick a picture up, let the rest of us see whats happening out there and maybe even inspire us to get our own stuff started or finished. (remember, if you put a pic up, then its in, ask History Man ;) )

This will be the usual nominations through to the end of the month and then a five day poll.
Best of Luck
Thanks

Jamie

I shall start this great one of with this my Harry Quinn frameset (Q2297) its had a bit of an issue before i got hold of it as somewhere in its previous life the campag ultra torque bearing cups have been bonded into place due to weak bottom bracket threads .

I had put it up for sale but couldnt do it so dropped it off with Lee Cooper to see what he could do and last i heard cups are out and he is going to perform a cut and shut repair on the bottom bracket shell . Then its down to me to sort out whats left , not sure what the build will be yet .

Attachments

• quinn.jpg
    quinn.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 11,959
Hi Biggs
I remember seeing this when it was for sale as I remember the cups issue. It was a bit too big for me.
Should be a great build when done :cool:

Jamie

Hi all
been putting this together for a while and close to completing the full gruppo 90% NOS got a 531 frame that I've had refurbed with a custom paint job :xmas-wink: that I will hang this lot on call it my christmas tree :xmas-big-grin: Will try my best at a build thread on this :facepalm:

Attachments

• 2015-12-08 01.02.17.jpg
    2015-12-08 01.02.17.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 11,930
My long term project is this 1963 Carlton Catalina, L prefix frame number. Capella lugs, Cyclo drop outs and Oscar Egg BB shell lugs. Complete strip and respray, new decals and then most probably, a mix of new, NOS and old parts. Still much to do!

P9193644_zpscedeynjj.jpg

P9193628_zpseguf0arq.jpg

Jamiedyer":12qqaiuq said:
Hi Biggs
I remember seeing this when it was for sale as I remember the cups issue. It was a bit too big for me.
Should be a great build when done :cool:

Jamie

thanks jamie

My barn find Europa. 25 inches of all original corgi registered loveliness.

To be fettled over the Christmas holidays.

aac82116e418aef66aa8b32826f13209_zpscf7ceexh.jpg
346a155df8e9eaa9069cba2d866035a5_zpsyfkyuni5.jpg

Re: Re:

bagpuss":1ex5b92o said:
Mike . Your Carlton frame looks an interesting project .Looking forward to seeing more .

Yes, certainly a long one. Currently in my workshop awaiting a rub down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back