Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to May 2015 #BoTM :D

Please see slightly updated rules here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/BoTM_Rules , especially note the first. Useful if you can structure your nomination as follows
➡️ username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. John's 1990 Kona Lavadome
➡️ Image(s)
➡️ Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!
➡️ Limiting entries to 20 this month. When we have 20 the poll will go up.

Normal month for May 2015.

Bollox64s 1992 Team issue Pace RC200 F1

17354108245_e9436d4914_b.jpg

17167898169_ef77897fa8_b.jpg

Build thread here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=308417

Re:

I clearly entered this bike in the wrong month last round so here she is again, my favorite bike in our shop: 1983 Series III Breezer.

Rescued from a metal crusher in Canada.... this bike was minutes away from being crushed but the coin on the stem cap and unique nickel finish made it stand out from the pile of metal and saved it's life from the crusher.

Read the full story and detailed build HERE:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=296262

BEFORE:

JoeBreezeB83-435.jpg

AFTER:

Breezer121214-1.jpg

Halaburt's 1995 Merlin Newsboy

11159713056_5073f7debf_b.jpg

17543221791_df97bf40e9_b.jpg

Build Thread: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80533

As with the Pro's Closet Breezer this too is a second-time entry. It was entered in 12/2009 and lost badly to Bushpig's beautiful Mantis X-frame.

I'm the first/only owner of this bike and hard to believe, but it's now 20 years old. It was the first time I bought a bike that wasn't going to become my main/only bike -- but rather a 2nd bike and therefore the start of my "collection". Judging by eBay listings, it seems that many Newsboys never got ridden much or had much thought put into their builds. Mine has seen a lot of miles and has seen its build evolve a bit over the years. Other than the not-vintage-correct tires currently on it, this is probably pretty much the ultimate config for this I think -- as I'm super-satisfied and still love to ride it.

Another fairly subjective thing I'd point out: This is the largest of the 3 sizes Merlin made the first-gen Newsboys in. All too often large bikes look like "gates"... but I actually think the Newsboy in a Large looks as good or better than the Medium -- and much better than the Smalls. The curves look more natural in the larger size.

I've noted that some (many actually) of the photo links in my build thread are now dead. I'll work to get some of those restored in the coming days along with some more fresh pics of this.

Re:

Been meaning to put this one up for a while. Missed the last two BoTMs so I am backed up :)

A certainly not rare design in uber rare race only livery to mark a special moment in mtb history and Ned's retirement.

Jimi911's 1996 Atlanta Olympics Specialized S-Works "Ned Overend" M2 Team

For Racing Only :cool:

Rebuild: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=295863&p=2429012#p2429012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back