Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Normal month once again, let's have those nominations :D

Probably limit it to 10.

Re:

Good morning from Mainhatten,

Now I'll start with my Dynatech Voyager custom XT. I've gotten the the frameset from spikes in 2010.
For more information, about the assambling, you can check
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1004071#p1004071
But now same actual pictures

In the background, you can see my second voyager

Best regards from Mainhatten

Wolfgang

Re:

ok here we go....

94 Wtb Phoenix:

This is the bike i own the longest, and i will never ever give it away:

bought the frame nos in ´98 and bulid it up with stuff i got. some years ago i started hunting all available parts shown in the WTB catalogues from 93-95.
I nearly finished this year exept for pedals, one cam booster an an original powerband stem. the one shown is a replica of GEBLA Frameworks who did a graet job on this. (for the ones who are intrested let me know there are some more pics and this is his site: http://www.gebla.de/ ) he builded this stem with infos and pics i found in the net.

So the bike is fully WTB equiped (even the valve caps) and for the ones who knew about the hard work on finding and paying for these parts will understand why i´m very proud to finally have the complete build after 16 years of searching.
just some short storys....

bought the frame when i was a student and ruined myself for a year, found a matching fork (unfortunatly its fillet braced what is nice but doesn´t match thre frame) a couple of years ago, bought a complete bike to get a second brake one was black and in worse condition the other some sort of pewter , the skewers where all different color the powerbands are bmx seatclamps, took Dx shifters on xt clamps got it polished to extract all black parts... and so on but i guess some of you do the same to finally get the parts they are looking for.

long story short:

thanks alot
cheers kay

Re:

This took me about three years to finish because I lost all my enthusiasm for vintage bikes but I regained it this past winter and finally completed it.
It's a 1992 Funk with mostly 1992 parts (except the pedals and brake carriers--those are 1993)

Attachments

• IM000338c.jpg
    IM000338c.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 3,481
Re: Re:

Dynatechrider

great bike but I will point out that its only two pictures. Someone else will otherwise!

Re:

Go on then, here's my 1990 KG Engineering Offroad Proflex. A Serotta built beauty with a distinctly non-catalogue build, in fact solely built with bits I really love-the sort of bike I would have built had I actually had a penny to my name in 1990.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=285854

70A60C59-3E0C-4735-AF94-B1EAC7D388B9_zpsqjzqw0rn.jpg

814F7B6E-3A45-437A-AE2A-0B1FC689F05B_zpsfpvmcl6i.jpg

Very freshly built so no mud pictures, yet. Amazingly, the rear end is very supple still but the front flexstem is exactly as hard as I remember them 25 years ago. For me this was the very start point of production full suspension, yet this has more refinement and fine detail than the custom built, über-expensive Bradbury Manitou full suspension I owned a year or so back (and less likely to crack and expode at any moment).

Excuse the iPhone photos, I'll try and do some proper ones if I can ever find the lead to my camera.

gibihms 1995 Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer

The most comfortable-to-ride bike I own.
Light, fast but with "natural suspension" , difficult to explain.
Just a typical Mountain Goat.
Full XTR 900, E-Cranks, Hyperlite, USE Alien seatpost, Flite.
The stem was perfectly painted and splattered by Gerrit from cycle art Berlin.

Here's my offering I thought why not.
This started as just a regular Trek YSL200 frame. Trek Y's were often criticised for the rear URT 'lack' of suspension so I decided to remodel the frame incorporating more usable suspension. Chopped off the original pivot point, added a bottom bracket to the front frame together with pivot point. Made a new headtube to accept tapered forks and re-angled it to 69º, also altered angle of seat tube, raised ride height, fitted internal cables etc etc. Months of work have gone into this build :D

IMG_0281 by Clannagh, on Flickr

image by Clannagh, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back